janitor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I am new to EVs have just purchased a September 2020 registered MG ZS EV, I have checked the SOH of the battery and it’s 98.85%, does that sound about right for the car.

If it was a demonstrator then it probably wasn't Rapid charged much but charged on a type2 AC EVSE charge point.
That would have been better for the battery and probably balanced each charge.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply, the car was a test drive car for the dealer I bought it from.
Wow …. Nearly three years old, are you sure it’s a 2020 model ?.
I only ask because dealers usually move on their demo cars a lot sooner than that normally ?.
It should have received two annual services by now and will be requiring a third service and an MOT fairly soon.
I am really puzzled why this dealer would still be conducting test drives in an original 2020 Gen 1 model, when the current face lift Gen 2 model has been available now for nearly 18 months.
Regarding the battery health, have you extracted this info yourself, or has it been provided by the dealer.
How many miles has the car actually covered ?.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes definitely a 2020, its a 70 plate but the dealer is no longer a main dealer for MG,it was also a runaround for a family member of the garage owne, I insisted on it being service and MOT’d before I collected the car, which they did, and the SOH I got from my own obdii device. Mileage 10,000.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom