LZA

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Screenshot_20230808_113643_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg

Glad to see the new version.
There is a new tab "smart peripheral".

Doesn't seem to d anything though, do you know what its for?
I'm curious to know too plus the dreaded 'MG iSmart has been running in the background' message when closing the app has returned! Seemed to disappear in the previous version before today's update.

Not sure what that tab is for but if you use th digital key then now you can share it. We share one car between me and my wife so I tend to use the digital key and she uses the physical key. Now having the ability to share it means she can use her phone as well as the physical key

Not sure what that tab is for but if you use th digital key then now you can share it. We share one car between me and my wife so I tend to use the digital key and she uses the physical key. Now having the ability to share it means she can use her phone as well as the physical key
pretty sure I had the option to share the key before the update?

I wish they'd fix the engrish in the app. Tells me the status of my car is "lock" but does that mean I need to lock it or that it is locked? Same for door status where it helpfully says "close" instead of "closed".

The app could also do with some usability fixes, i.e. it is not clear what can be tapped on. Tapping on the battery does something but tapping on the car with the lock icon does nothing but there is a teeny tiny "Vehicle Status" button above it that does do something. Inconsistent. Likewise Find My Car is actually a button but the Remaining Range is not. Simple fixes that would make the app more intuitive and easy to use.

Once you know lock means locked and close means closed I’ve not found it an issue. As for the icon sizes and function, maybe it’s time to get a bigger phone. Vehicle status is of adequate size on my iPhone.
The reason finds my car is a button is because it provides a function, where remaining range shows a fact, what would you expect if clicking on it did open to another screen??
Just trying to give balance. Found it to be a good app for the price.

Once you know lock means locked and close means closed I’ve not found it an issue. As for the icon sizes and function, maybe it’s time to get a bigger phone. Vehicle status is of adequate size on my iPhone.
The reason finds my car is a button is because it provides a function, where remaining range shows a fact, what would you expect if clicking on it did open to another screen??
I can get used to stuff, but that doesn't mean the usability is acceptable because it isn't. I develop software including for mobile devices and factory touch screens for a living and this sort of thing bugs me because it's a deficiency that impairs the software and makes it look clunky.

Or go to specsavers lol

I wish they'd fix the engrish in the app. Tells me the status of my car is "lock" but does that mean I need to lock it or that it is locked? Same for door status where it helpfully says "close" instead of "closed".

The app could also do with some usability fixes, i.e. it is not clear what can be tapped on. Tapping on the battery does something but tapping on the car with the lock icon does nothing but there is a teeny tiny "Vehicle Status" button above it that does do something. Inconsistent. Likewise Find My Car is actually a button but the Remaining Range is not. Simple fixes that would make the app more intuitive and easy to use.
The poor translation really frustrates me too! I know it’s superficial, but it makes the car feel cheap.

The poor translation really frustrates me too! I know it’s superficial, but it makes the car feel cheap.
Maybe because it is!! 😀
And my Chinese is not the best, so at least they tried. Something we need to get use to, as all cars will be made in China, by Chinese manufacturers over the coming decades.

I know, I know. As a former system translator for VW group, I just know how easy it would be to supply and then apply decent English translations for each screen. I’d happily provide it for free in this case (but I don’t speak Chinese, which might prove awkward!) Anyway….

My favourite translation blunder is when you ‘power off’ the car using the touch screen menu and it says something like “the operation can/n’t be completed”! It’s not exactly that, but something equally baffling 😅

pretty sure I had the option to share the key before the update?
Changelog says its a released now and I don't think I had ever seen that option on mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809_100021_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_100021_Google Play Store.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 105
ISmart 1.1.3 on the iPhone out today 9/08 -Travel still bombs back to the phone home page 😫
And there is NO "smart peripheral"tab 😭 .

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom