New version (1.1.12) MG iSmart

I have consistently found from day one, that when opening the App and the 11 item health check is being run for the first pass, it always miss reports the status of the sun roof and blanks out the internal temperature of the inside of the cabin.
Run the health check for the second time, and it will correct / populate the blank fields.
The original App release would report the status of the electric windows correctly.
Then as time moved on it became more and more inconsistent on reporting the correct status results.
Then out of the blue at the next software update, the electric windows field was completely removed.
Could not find a fix, so they removed it !.
OTA updates never even had a chance then really.
Not the best App functionality it has to be said, but when you consider that the Gen1 ZS EV had absolutely nothing / zero in the App department, it’s a big move forward I guess.
Delayed charging was not even possible on the first wave of cars !.

Last edited:
I wish they'd fix the engrish in the app. Tells me the status of my car is "lock" but does that mean I need to lock it or that it is locked? Same for door status where it helpfully says "close" instead of "closed".

The app could also do with some usability fixes, i.e. it is not clear what can be tapped on. Tapping on the battery does something but tapping on the car with the lock icon does nothing but there is a teeny tiny "Vehicle Status" button above it that does do something. Inconsistent. Likewise Find My Car is actually a button but the Remaining Range is not. Simple fixes that would make the app more intuitive and easy to use.
In the app? And the rest of the car and the infotainment system!

The English localisation was done by someone with the Chinese equivalent of Schoolboy English 😅

This not limited just to Chinese cars.
We nice owned a Golf GTE PHEV and if you left the charge point at the front of the car slightly open, it would flag up a warning ⚠️ on the dash panel.
Which is a great idea, but it had me scratching my head when it once displayed “Check Tail Board” ????.
What the hell that ??????.
This is apparently informing you that the charging door is ajar I later found out after consulting the manual 🤷‍♂️.

MG4 - The heater control still warms up the opposite seat to the one you select, though the graphic is correct. My digital key still will not start the car :(

@peterseddon Is that on the app? My app always says that, but if I go onto AppStore and select the iSMART app, it will say if there’s an update. Presumably, it’s the same with google play store?
yes, google play shows an update button, instead of an open button, when there is an update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom