NEW ZS mk3/gen3?

Does anyone know whether that image is actually from MG, or just concept art that the mag commissioned? They say it's exclusive, but that can mean anything - looks like render of a mashup between the current ZS and the 4.
Its been done by Avarvarii.

Michael your on here a lot if you have not read about problems then you must have Tunnel Vision I am glade you have been very lucky and hopeful there are more car out there trouble free
There are problems reported
steering
Charging
unwanted emergency braking
unwanted acceleration
And simply stuff like mp3 play back
Bluetooth head unit issues generally
There isn't even many car out there in the wild yet so a am sure its not going to get better
Most could probably be fixed under software upgrades but mg really don't care and will car even less then the new ZS is out
The UK hasn't even got its own official map updates yes I know we can up date using the European website but this is poor

Steering ? How many have suffered from this and MG refused to fix their car?

Charging ? There are no issues with charging now that I am aware of. There is a software update for the few early cars that had reported this in Rapid Chargers. I have never seen it.

Unwanted Emergency Braking? I have never seen this or seen many reports of it. Certainly other manufacturers, particularly Tesla, have a major problem with this because they are trying, and failing, to deliver a fictitious system called FSD.

Unwanted Acceleration ? I haven’t seen this but will keep a look out for it.

MP3 playback on Bluetooth? This works, just not the way some would like.

Is that it?

You have to remember that we are all buying new untested technology when applied to cars. Tesla even sell their cars with all their software classified as BETA.

Steering ? How many have suffered from this and MG refused to fix their car?

Charging ? There are no issues with charging now that I am aware of. There is a software update for the few early cars that had reported this in Rapid Chargers. I have never seen it.

Unwanted Emergency Braking? I have never seen this or seen many reports of it. Certainly other manufacturers, particularly Tesla, have a major problem with this because they are trying, and failing, to deliver a fictitious system called FSD.

Unwanted Acceleration ? I haven’t seen this but will keep a look out for it.

MP3 playback on Bluetooth? This works, just not the way some would like.

Is that it?

You have to remember that we are all buying new untested technology when applied to cars. Tesla even sell their cars with all their software classified as BETA.
You are not comparing Tesla to MG are you Michael?

I have observed a fair few concerns of the emergency breaking by some members as being both unwanted and over zealous

STeering: I think just because MG refused to fix the car, is still a cause for worry, especially when half of them misdiagnose a ‘possible’ fault then order random parts which seemingly are on the same ‘Marie Celeste’ as the ZS orders from November / December

Seem to remember seeing a fair few members reports of breaking/ accelerating and the radio volume going up and down

Sat Nav seems to have been an issue, in fairness, not sure if this is sorted or not, got all confused with the ‘Dead Reckoning‘ debate 🤣

I do think you have either seen or forgot / choose to ignore a fair few issues with the ZS since launch of both Gen 1 and Gen 2.

When all said and done though, maybe I have just noticed more issues than you. The ones I have read about, have been a concern of mine.

Was also a post, forget by who, which was having major breakdown faults since February, been back several times and just recently, car broke down again. Again, this may well be an isolated incident, but it seems getting issues sorted by MG, is currently poor

You are not comparing Tesla to MG are you Michael?

I have observed a fair few concerns of the emergency breaking by some members as being both unwanted and over zealous

steering: I think just because MG refused to fix the car, is still a cause for worry, especially when half of them misdiagnose a ‘possible’ fault then order random parts which seemingly are on the same ‘Marie Celeste’ as the ZS orders from November / December

Seem to remember seeing a fair few members reports of breaking/ accelerating and the radio volume going up and down

Sat Nav seems to have been an issue, in fairness, not sure if this is sorted or not, got all confused with the ‘Dead Reckoning‘ debate 🤣

I do think you have either seen or forgot / choose to ignore a fair few issues with the ZS since launch of both Gen 1 and Gen 2.

When all said and done though, maybe I have just noticed more issues than you. The ones I have read about, have been a concern of mine.

Was also a post, forget by who, which was having major breakdown faults since February, been back several times and just recently, car broke down again. Again, this may well be an isolated incident, but it seems getting issues sorted by MG, is currently poor

I see no issue with comparing the MG to Tesla. I’ve owned a tmS and much prefer the MG ZS EV.

You will always get a number of “Friday” cars from any car manufacturer.

As you said, SatNav was never an issue, it was Dealer Training. My dealer spotted the issue very early and addressed this before delivering cars to customers.

I’ve owned too many cars in my time. All have had issues, some more than others. All manufacturers have had problems and getting them fixed often relies on finding a good dealer. MG is still building its dealer partnership, so that is the thing to look for.

It is not in MGs interest to alienate its existing and potential customer base by not supporting their cars.

“seem to remember a fair few”. MG has delivered 1000s of MG ZS EVs into the UK market place. There really are not that many complaining. I am probably like the vast majority of owners who has not had any issues with the car.

So a concept drawing by a freelance illustrator, not a render from SAIC

Forgive me for not knowing - and I've not seen anything to verify - is he known to do any work for MG on design?

I just got my car this march I don't expect to change it for next 7 years so I will probably be upgrading to Mk4/5 at that point. It's going to be crazy to see where tech is 7 years from now.

It feels strange to plan upgrades already when they can't even fulfil current orders yet I didn't expect them to do much about it for next few years.

Ummm…..

Plenty ?

I have one of the earliest deliveries of the ZS EV Trophy Connect versions and driven some 11,500 miles with no issues that detract from driving the car.

Maybe you can list the plenty of issues that I am not seeing on my car?

I would be interested to know what I have to look out for.
It doesn't take long to search this forum and see that there are a lot of common issues... There are still cars being affected by the rapid charge bricking, the steering wheel clicking has just started in my MK2, the infotainment system is one of the worst in the industry where it stops/starts and changes input of it's own accord, it also constantly freezes on google maps when I am using navigation (yes dead reckoning is off, returning to the home screen and restarting AA solves this). The car still has a lot of niggles to be ironed out and with a new one already on the horizon/in the making of course these issues are going to take a back seat.

It doesn't take long to search this forum and see that there are a lot of common issues... There are still cars being affected by the rapid charge bricking, the steering wheel clicking has just started in my MK2, the infotainment system is one of the worst in the industry where it stops/starts and changes input of it's own accord, it also constantly freezes on google maps when I am using navigation (yes dead reckoning is off, returning to the home screen and restarting AA solves this). The car still has a lot of niggles to be ironed out and with a new one already on the horizon/in the making of course these issues are going to take a back seat.
Some 🙉🙈🙊 gaming going on here

Google Maps crashing is a Google issue, not an MG issue. It has nothing to do with “dead reckoning”, on or off.

Where is the evidence of cars “bricking at chargers”. This happened on very few of the early MK 2 ZS EVs, but I have seen no posts about it since the software update?

I have an early trophy Connect and not experienced any rapid charging issues.

I have never experienced an issue with the onboard entertainment system in the MG. How you can say it’s one of the worse in the industry is beyond me. The early Jaguar iPace system was a complete mess and didn’t even allow a reboot by the user.

The issues are now down to your radio plays up !

Let’s get real. The MG ZS EV is a fine EV. Nothing is ever perfect, though we can strive for it.

So a concept drawing by a freelance illustrator, not a render from SAIC

Forgive me for not knowing - and I've not seen anything to verify - is he known to do any work for MG on design?
All design work will be done by SAIC Design in Marylebone, I could get my dog to draw a ZS replacement and it would be just as likely!

Meanwhile, SAIC confirmed there will be 16 (not a typo) new models on the 'Nebula' (MSP) platform by 2025....

(not all of them will be sold here!)

@MichaelJHunt , as one who has not had the bricking at a charger, can I just ask what is your routine when charging.
The reason I ask is that if I do bite the bullet and upgrade my old faithful Gen 1, I would also like it to be a faultless experience.

@MichaelJHunt , as one who has not had the bricking at a charger, can I just ask what is your routine when charging.
The reason I ask is that if I do bite the bullet and upgrade my old faithful Gen 1, I would also like it to be a faultless experience.
I don't think the bricking was user error, just very few dealer demo cars with software that threw a fit with some fast chargers. Was fixed with an update.

I don't think the bricking was user error, just very few dealer demo cars with software that threw a fit with some fast chargers. Was fixed with an update.
Allegedly.
Anyone know which one?
If it starts with SA.. that's not an update (🙄).

I successfully used a rapid charger in Dorchester a few weeks back and had no issues, I just know a few have had some pretty dire experiences like bricking at the departure terminal of the eurotunnel for example.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom