New ZS owner saying ‘Ello’

Severnless

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi Guys :)

Just found your excellent forum! Lots of respect to Mr Stuart Wright for setting up this forum for such a new product!

To introduce ourselves, we are collecting our ZS exclusive (Pimlico blue) tomorrow 19th June and of course are looking forward to our EV life journey!
The car is mainly for Mrs ‘S’ commute to her work, which is a 30mile round trip and can take her into the proposed Birmingham emission charge zone, so as she has to pay for the privilege of parking at work already, the thought of being charged to get into work as well is one of the reasons to make us look toward ev’s
The other thought was with Her old car (a VW Touran Tdi 10 plate that she brought from new),after I serviced it last weekend, noticing how all 4 tyres are looking thin especially on the inside third suggesting suspension needing attention and with 75k miles, an impending adoption of a sibling group coming up, also with the dealers opening after shutdown, now was the time!

As you can see we were looking for a large EV, ideally it would of been an electric Touran as it’s been a fantastic car for Mrs ‘S’, but no one seems to produce a MPV EV apart from Tesla, (we are not that wealthy!)
So the current contenders are
Kia e-Niro
Hyundai Kona
MG ZS Ev
Peugeot 2008 Ev (not yet avalible!)
And Citroen’s version of the above

So last week we tried unsuccessfully to book some test drives, but after a couple of days we managed to book the Kona from Hyundai Birmingham west on Hagley road and the ZS from Autobase in Wendsbury.
We arrived to take the Kona, very well received by the sales rep and after a bit of instruction off we went, Mrs ‘S’ has never driven an auto before, so even though she was waving her left hand around when pulling up she really liked the drive etc
But the con was the lack of space! There is nothing in that car!! We tried to imagine lifting 2 toddlers out of the back, omg you need to be a circus acrobat! I’m sure we would end up crippled with a bad back!:oops:
needless to say the £34k price tag didn’t sway us either!:LOL:

So onto the MG dealer, we had rung them that we would be late as the Kona test drive took a while to get away from.(sales pressure etc)
But were greeted with pleasantries from the sales man and basically once the usual driving licence info was sorted, were told that there is the car, there are the keys, this is how it works and off you go.

Well the upshot of the test drive was, Mrs ‘S’ clicked with the car so no point in trying to change her mind!
I was very impressed with the quality of the build, Don’t know how it drives, so my impressions were from the passenger seat, but was very impressed, so when we got back to the dealer, it was time to talk turkey!
He just said if your interested we have one round the back pre PDI check and clean, nice to see the car still in packaging!
So the RRP of the ZS exclusive is £31,540 which is slightly more than at launch!
BUT because of Mrs ‘S’ working for the NHS, MG are offering deposit contribution of £3k along with the OLEV grant of £3k and pcp finance of 1.9% APR.
The whole process was calm with the only pressure being that the MG UK NHS deal is only available till the end of June.
Needless to say we went for the deal.
So the car was registered on Wednesday and we pick it up Friday 1pm.
Yet to organise a home charger, but are trying to change our energy providers tariff (Octopus) to there cheap night time tariff, but need to get a smart meter organised!
So i guess we will be using the 3kw 13amp plug (Granny) charger for a while!
Looking forward to driving the future!
Thankyou for reading my ramblings
Cheers

:)

Hi Guys :)

Just found your excellent forum! Lots of respect to Mr Stuart Wright for setting up this forum for such a new product!

To introduce ourselves, we are collecting our ZS exclusive (Pimlico blue) tomorrow 19th June and of course are looking forward to our EV life journey!
The car is mainly for Mrs ‘S’ commute to her work, which is a 30mile round trip and can take her into the proposed Birmingham emission charge zone, so as she has to pay for the privilege of parking at work already, the thought of being charged to get into work as well is one of the reasons to make us look toward ev’s
The other thought was with Her old car (a VW Touran Tdi 10 plate that she brought from new),after I serviced it last weekend, noticing how all 4 tyres are looking thin especially on the inside third suggesting suspension needing attention and with 75k miles, an impending adoption of a sibling group coming up, also with the dealers opening after shutdown, now was the time!

As you can see we were looking for a large EV, ideally it would of been an electric Touran as it’s been a fantastic car for Mrs ‘S’, but no one seems to produce a MPV EV apart from Tesla, (we are not that wealthy!)
So the current contenders are
Kia e-Niro
Hyundai Kona
MG ZS Ev
Peugeot 2008 Ev (not yet avalible!)
And Citroen’s version of the above

So last week we tried unsuccessfully to book some test drives, but after a couple of days we managed to book the Kona from Hyundai Birmingham west on Hagley road and the ZS from Autobase in Wendsbury.
We arrived to take the Kona, very well received by the sales rep and after a bit of instruction off we went, Mrs ‘S’ has never driven an auto before, so even though she was waving her left hand around when pulling up she really liked the drive etc
But the con was the lack of space! There is nothing in that car!! We tried to imagine lifting 2 toddlers out of the back, omg you need to be a circus acrobat! I’m sure we would end up crippled with a bad back!:oops:
needless to say the £34k price tag didn’t sway us either!:LOL:

So onto the MG dealer, we had rung them that we would be late as the Kona test drive took a while to get away from.(sales pressure etc)
But were greeted with pleasantries from the sales man and basically once the usual driving licence info was sorted, were told that there is the car, there are the keys, this is how it works and off you go.

Well the upshot of the test drive was, Mrs ‘S’ clicked with the car so no point in trying to change her mind!
I was very impressed with the quality of the build, Don’t know how it drives, so my impressions were from the passenger seat, but was very impressed, so when we got back to the dealer, it was time to talk turkey!
He just said if your interested we have one round the back pre PDI check and clean, nice to see the car still in packaging!
So the RRP of the ZS exclusive is £31,540 which is slightly more than at launch!
BUT because of Mrs ‘S’ working for the NHS, MG are offering deposit contribution of £3k along with the OLEV grant of £3k and pcp finance of 1.9% APR.
The whole process was calm with the only pressure being that the MG UK NHS deal is only available till the end of June.
Needless to say we went for the deal.
So the car was registered on Wednesday and we pick it up Friday 1pm.
Yet to organise a home charger, but are trying to change our energy providers tariff (Octopus) to there cheap night time tariff, but need to get a smart meter organised!
So i guess we will be using the 3kw 13amp plug (Granny) charger for a while!
Looking forward to driving the future!
Thankyou for reading my ramblings
Cheers

:)
Welcome to the MG ZS EV club, I love mine to bits and just had the windows tinted and will have my new software updates next week to remove all the bongs etc. Make sure you enquire that comfort pack 2 software update is installed.

Thankyou Mark for the welcome. :)
As for the updates, when we saw the car last Friday, it was pre PDI so the centre screen hadn’t been calibrated/setup?
Rep assured us it will have all of the latest updates before collection, so we will see if what was said will hold true, he also said we could have a full set of floor and a boot liner for £145. But will see ;)

Welcome to the forum. We love our ZS although not being used much at the moment, owned for five months and still less than 1000 miles.

Thankyou for the welcome Kev, guess you have a bit of winter usage? How was it during icy weather?
I guess one thing we are hopeing that mg will develope the pre-warming- cooling like Tesla! Fingers crossed ?

Welcome to our forum and to MG Ownership. There really isn't a car to match it on the market....well perhaps an iPace for folk with very deep pockets. Its a truly practical med sized SUV (how I hate that term) but its does sum it up.
As has been already said... I would definitely check that ALL the updates have been done...it is a much better car after that. Quick check....is the outside temp showing? If it's not.....it's not up to date.

Good luck and enjoy the car...I did an 80 mile trip yesterday in the pouring rain....it was fine.:)

A final thought...the Mrs and an Auto...tell her to forget she's got a left leg.....that works fine with most folk!

Last edited:
Welcome to the World of EVs. It's daunting at first to rely on charge points, and charging at home. But it soon becomes second nature. I have a home charge point ordered, but to be honest, the 3pin plug is fine for our usage. And if I need an occasional faster charge I use a local street lamp charger ( we live in London). Or the free chargers in the big supermarkets.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Welcome to the MG ZS Ev forum and wish you well with your new Exclusive, lovely colour #teamblue. The update to Comfort 2 software has been a bit of a hot topic of late and ours was applied by our supplying dealer yesterday. Makes a fair difference and ticks all the boxes for us and it does improve a really great car in our opinion, we love ours.

Thankyou Nibloprice, Ian and Chrispydoc! For the warm welcome
We have picked the car up and are very happy with what we have!
There are a couple of downers with regards the updates and cables, the type 2 cable is not included but the 13amp plug (granny) cable is.
Also the car has been updated ie very few bongs! Range mileage replaced clock in dash but the outside temp not shown.
They did say that there was another update but they wanted to test before applying it to our car. They did tell us they would upload all future updates foc.
But will wait and see
All told it was a pleasant experience buying from them, so will recommend autobase in Walsall especially if you work for the NHS, very good deal avalible!
Without further adoo the new member to team blue.......
Our MEG

Ohh pooop I can’t attach a photo! The web site won’t let me link to my photos!
Will keep trying!

Thankyou Mark for the welcome. :)
As for the updates, when we saw the car last Friday, it was pre PDI so the centre screen hadn’t been calibrated/setup?
Rep assured us it will have all of the latest updates before collection, so we will see if what was said will hold true, he also said we could have a full set of floor and a boot liner for £145. But will see ;)
The £145 set also includes mud flaps!

Glad you've taken delivery:). My dealer called it a "protection pack", basically mudflats and boot liner...keep an eye on your mudflap fixing screws...some go rusty in days, but stainless replacements are cheap and freely available.

Getting a Granny charger is normal, but the other cable would normally be extra. I did buy one off eBay but in 6 months have never used it. Your home charger may come with one.
Enjoy your car...most of us do. I look forward to every trip out!

I fitted my locking wheel nuts today and LED headlight bulbs:oops:....they are lovely and bright but I will have to road test them properly to ensure I'm not bothering other folk!

Thanks guys for your replies
Regarding the floor mats yep they called them the protection pack and came with mud flaps.
We went with them as they did us a deal for 1/2 price, but I’m fitting the mud flaps in the morning
All told a nice dealer to deal with!
Our Meg

Attachments

• 1E4E97EE-FEB5-4F61-8B75-9253AF893CAB.jpeg
    1E4E97EE-FEB5-4F61-8B75-9253AF893CAB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 100
  • FAF6F95D-46DD-4CC8-97D0-ADB91A993B6D.jpeg
    FAF6F95D-46DD-4CC8-97D0-ADB91A993B6D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • 88A777C4-A0E1-43B1-BF95-AEA59ABAACA4.jpeg
    88A777C4-A0E1-43B1-BF95-AEA59ABAACA4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 102