New ZSEV Handbook released

John G

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
MG UK have published the handbook for the new ZSev on their website. It's in the 'Owners' section. A quick read through suggests that the granny charger and the V2L adapter will not be included with vehicle but purchased separately.

Thanks for the link Simon.

Re the charger John G, page 170 of the handbook states a charger is included (which I assume is a granny charger) unless there is a conflicting statement elsewhere in this rather large journal.

A540DE59-2F1F-4C81-8A52-6383CDC2B5BA.jpeg
Thanks for the link Simon.

Re the charger John G, page 170 of the handbook states a charger is included (which I assume is a granny charger) unless there is a conflicting statement elsewhere in this rather large journal.
I would also be extremely surprised 😮 if the new ZS EV face lift, was delivered without ANY means of recharging the car ?.
The original model did come with a 13 Amp three pin “Granny” cable, so you would expect the new model to follow suit ?.
The type 2 cable used for public charging, was NOT standard equipment, unless you had a good dealer who would provide you with one FOC.

Last edited:
Quote4 from new manual page 186.

Charging Your Vehicle at Home Whilst your MG has been supplied with a home charging kit, it is essential that you check with a qualified electrician that the infrastructure of your property will support the charging equipment. Please seek qualified advice that your current electrical supply and circuits will support the requirements of the charging equipment.

Looks like charger is included to me

Yes I agree on that page is says one thing but on
Page 173:
"Note: Users can purchase a slow charging kit from an MGAuthorized Repairer."
Page 184 :
"Note: Users have the opportunity to purchase the discharge kit from an MG Authorised Repairer."
As before one paet of the book has bee proof read by one person and some one else the rest.

I think in UK a granny charger is thrown in with most cars as a sales sweetener to soften the blow of possibly getting a 7kw unit.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Miles, if you're watching this thread, please could you confirm at the press day.

Cheers

The discharge kit is the V2L (Vehicle to Load) adapter.
ah, I was wondering about this, wonder how much they will charge for one?, assuming it will be similar to the Kia/Hyundai one, plugging into the charge port and allowing a 3 pin plug to plug into the other end?

It mentions a front/rear interior light switch as well, so does it have a rear interior light ?

On page 243;
Altitude: Your engine delivers less power at higher altitude. If you tow a trailer in a mountainous area you should reduce the combined vehicle and trailer weight by 10% for every 1000 m of elevation.
Surely a copy-paste mistake from the ICE version?

i like that the physical buttons have functionality beyond bringing up a function on the display. eg. lifting temperature button up or down increases or decreases temperature respectively. Sure it's not total physical controls of HVAC but good enough whilst driving compared with the way cars are going.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom