newbie questions!

Peterch

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am on the cusp of ordering a mg5 exclusive long range , I am comparing features to my current leaf.

Does the sat nav show available chargers?
Is their a map showing range available ?
how good is the infotainment screen?
Are rear windows tinted?
Are space saver spare wheels readily available or does a full size wheel fit in wheel well?
How effective is the heater/air con ?
do it have all round cameras?

I've had a test drive and was impressed but missed theses questions!

I am on the cusp of ordering a mg5 exclusive long range , I am comparing features to my current leaf.

Are rear windows tinted?
Are space saver spare wheels readily available or does a full size wheel fit in wheel well?

Hi Peterch.
Congratulations on being on the cusp, we’ve had ours for a couple of months and really like it. The ZS before it was terrific for 18 months but we actually like this 5LR better for the extra range mostly but we feel more comfortable in it.
We just use Zap Map and Waze on the iPhone and navigate from that on the car’s screen.
The rear windows are fine as they are but not tinted - I don’t think.
The air con is fine and we tend to use the heated seats mostly as the effect is swift and effective.
No all round cameras but does have a reversing camera showing on the main screen. I prefer using the mirrors and the back up warnings but have begun to watch the reversing screen as well.
The boot can take a full size spare but you have to raise the floor to the upper level and lose some boot capacity.
I bought a space saver spare for each car when I got them ( not realising the wheels are the same ) So I now have a new unused MG supplied wheel with Jack and tools which I’m selling - see other posts - if you’re interested.
Anyway hope you enjoy the car. We seem to be getting close to 4 miles per kWh showing on the “accumulated” counter even these cold days.
Archie

Are rear windows tinted?

I don't think the maps have any integration with other aspects of the car, so won't show range left or anything similar. Honestly not sure if it shows available chargers and the infotainment screen is slow but the display itself is fine when using Apple or Android systems for maps, chargers, etc.

Not tints on any windows on the MG5 (or 1st Gen ZS) - but it's about £200 to tint the rear passenger, boot, etc - you can tint the front windows too but be aware of the legal requirements. Some dealers will offer this service before you collect the car - worth checking.

Space saver wheel is about a £250 option - could get this discounted. Some others are buying non-MG spacesavers and fitting those - there are forum threads. On the MG5LR, with the boot floor in the higher position, a full sized wheel may fit - not tried.

Only the new ZS (Gen 2) has all round cameras - MG5SR/LR only have a rear reversing camera. It also lacks the blind spot warning and rear cross-traffic alert that is part of the ZS's MG Pilot suite.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom