Newbie!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi everyone! Paul here, a newbie to the world of EVs and now the proud owner of an MG5 Long Range. Collected it about a week ago after it was ordered in the middle of August and just getting used to how it drives and operates. After a little time, will start to add comments to other members posts to the forum.
Not new to MGs though as my first car was a 1965 MG Midget, bought in 1972 for £325! That’s equivalent to £3750 today. I don’t think EVs were dreamt of then, only existing in Science-Fiction novels! I loved it and will hopefully come to love my MG5.

Welcome! There's lots of info on this forum already so the search function is your friend 👍

Hi everyone! Paul here, a newbie to the world of EVs and now the proud owner of an MG5 Long Range. Collected it about a week ago after it was ordered in the middle of August and just getting used to how it drives and operates. After a little time, will start to add comments to other members posts to the forum.
Not new to MGs though as my first car was a 1965 MG Midget, bought in 1972 for £325! That’s equivalent to £3750 today. I don’t think EVs were dreamt of then, only existing in Science-Fiction novels! I loved it and will hopefully come to love my MG5.
Actually you would be surprised when EV's came about.... I was. They never caught on then but it's a different world now....Taken from History of the electric vehicle - Wikipedia

"Electric vehicles first appeared in the mid-19th century. An electric vehicle held the vehicular land speed record until around 1900. The high cost, low top speed, and short range of battery electric vehicles, compared to 20th-century internal combustion engine vehicles, led to a worldwide decline in their use as private motor vehicles; although electric vehicles have continued to be used in the form of loading and freight equipment and public transport – especially rail vehicles."

Actually you would be surprised when EV's came about.... I was. They never caught on then but it's a different world now....Taken from History of the electric vehicle - Wikipedia

"Electric vehicles first appeared in the mid-19th century. An electric vehicle held the vehicular land speed record until around 1900. The high cost, low top speed, and short range of battery electric vehicles, compared to 20th-century internal combustion engine vehicles, led to a worldwide decline in their use as private motor vehicles; although electric vehicles have continued to be used in the form of loading and freight equipment and public transport – especially rail vehicles."
Hi Mychski, welcome aboard- exciting times with sparkly new wagon 🤩

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom