Nice Wheels

Adee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone cleaned their MG5 wheels, yet? I do like the look of the wheels but they are a bit of a challenge to clean. Also, after less than 2000miles I have found that brake dust has built up on the inaccessible inner part of the "spokes" and doesn't come off easily. I can envisage the alloys starting to look a bit grubby in 20-30000 miles time.

You might have to remove the wheel to do a deep clean.
I wonder if a darker colour would suit the wheels better?

I have one of these.
Brilliant for cleaning the inside of the wheel barrels without having to remove the wheels from the car.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You might have to remove the wheel to do a deep clean.
I wonder if a darker colour would suit the wheels better?
That's an option.
The wheels colour looks pretty good on the Westminster Silver vehicle but darker might suit just as well.

Once you have them clean, wax or ceramic coat them, like you would with paintwork on the body. You'll find cleaning them a lot easier afterwards.

Once you have them clean, wax or ceramic coat them, like you would with paintwork on the body. You'll find cleaning them a lot easier afterwards.
I'll second that. At least once a year I go all OCD with mine during a good wash/wax and take the wheels off and wax them inside and out. Every normal wash after that, the muck just falls off leaving them looking brand new. The other tip to make a car sparkle is to clean the glass. Drop all the windows an inch or so to clean the top of the glass - works wonders.

Found that Muc Off cleaner is excellent when used with a paint brush or masonry paint brush. Bit of Auto Bild speed wax too after.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom