fshuk1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR

Maybe it's just me, but ... that seems to be saying that SAIC-GM cars of a certain platform will be able to access Tesla charge points that are open to all. In other words, what's already happening here in the UK.

SAIC-GM and Tesla China have partnered on the charging network, and the Cadillac and Buick brands’ all-electric models built on the Ultium platform are expected to have access to Tesla’s charging facilities that are open to other brands starting at the end of 2023, the company announced.

Owners of these all-electric vehicles from Cadillac and Buick will be able to look up and use Tesla’s Supercharger stations, destination charging stations that are open to non-Tesla vehicles, in their mobile apps, according to a statement from SAIC-GM.

To date, Tesla’s charging stations open to non-Tesla vehicles in the Chinese mainland include 10 Supercharger stations and more than 200 destination charging stations, according to the statement.
As Tesla opens more of its charging stations in the Chinese mainland in the future, more SAIC-GM models will be able to use them, the statement said.

Or am I reading it wrong?

But plenty of UK people have had their MGs working on open Tesla chargers ... so I don't think this article has anything that will bring anything new to UK owners.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom