No disrespect, but genuinely not sure about the MG electric cars!!

gaza123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So, my MG ZS EV has been in and out of the dealership virtually from day one of owning it. The latest fault is a HV battery shut off fault, I have read countless threads on here and elsewhere, to discover that others have had this fault. Where it stands now, is that the dealership have their master technician on the case, and he is is communication with MG....who have said to him, that every component of the main battery needs to be checked. The dealership have said to me that they just do not have the manpower to do this, as it is a 3 to 4 day job, and my car will be looked at when they are less busy. In the meantime, in fairness to them, they have given me a courtesy car, an MG4 electric. Having had this car for 4 weeks now, I have found that when I lock it up the back windows open, the tyre pressure monitor consistently displays a fault that it is not working, the emergency phone call function displays a fault of not working, and this is a car with under a thousand miles on the clock. To me, and just my opinion, these EVs by MG were quickly rolled out to the marketplace, without any intense testing. I often see low loaders with MG EVs on the back of them, to be honest, I totally regret buying this vehicle. With a bit of luck, I win my finance claim, and get all of my money refunded to me!

Just to add, having spent £22000 on a car with less than three thousand on the clock, and to have it randomly stop due to the HV battery fault, not once, but five times in the last six months. My wife and children will NOT get in this car for fear of it randomly stopping again, (crossing a train line, on the motorway,??), have had to take five days short notice holidays from work, they are pissed off. What a nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom