No floor mats with new Excite

Savstone

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all. Just got new 2019 Excite model ZS EV. Didn't notice until got it home that it doesn't have floor mats. Is this normal? Will ask dealer but just thought I'd ask here too. Thanks

Floor mats are extra unless you get them thrown in with your deal. EBay will do a nice set for £40 or so. You may need a type2 cable for charging at Tescos etc unless supplied - also an extra.
You will love the EV experience.

Having to fork out extra for floor mats is common with a lot of new cars. Very often, the dealer will supply these free as this is good customer relations and they cost peanuts for them to buy! They are always sold at inflated prices to the innocents amongst us - I know from experience about four cars ago.

If, god forbid, you do have to buy your own then the best company around is CarMats.co.uk. Excellent products, decent prices and speedy delivery!

Last edited:
It's one of the simpler things to get thrown in as part of the sale but you have to remember to ask!

I bought my MG ZX EV from Glyn Hopkins Manor Park London 2 months ago and it had no floor mats. I urged the Manager to provide them as a complimentary gift. He refused and insisted on me paying in the region oh £60.00 for a set. I bought my choice of foot mat’s from Halfords for under £25.00 the same day I picked up my new car. Glyn Hopkins did provide me with 2 sets of charging cables.

I bought my MG ZX EV from Glyn Hopkins Manor Park London 2 months ago and it had no floor mats. I urged the Manager to provide them as a complimentary gift. He refused and insisted on me paying in the region oh £60.00 for a set. I bought my choice of foot mat’s from Halfords for under £25.00 the same day I picked up my new car. Glyn Hopkins did provide me with 2 sets of charging cables.
I bought my in a kit rom MG.
It was a protection pack that they where doing at the time.
It was £129.00 if I remember correctly, it included a set of four tailored mats, with a ZS EV logo stitched into the rear corner of the front mats, a full sized water proof boot liner ( good quality ) and a set front and rear mud flaps.
The Granny cable comes with the car, the gift was the type 2 public charging cable.
Worth around £120.00 ish.
I did not get one of them either !.
The Chorley group have supplied all of their EV customers with a type 2 cable I believe 👍.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom