No jack

Willie

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When cleaning out the boot of my Excite I lifted out the removable floor to give it a brush down when I noticed an empty space in the puncture repair kit tray, I then realised there was no car jack and wheel nut spanner. Is this normal or should I go back to the dealer.

Hey, you don't need a jack or spanner to use the gunk.

If you go for a space saver wheel then get one with all the accessories.

There are a few threads on this.

Last edited:
Hey, you don't need a jack or spanner to use the gunk.

If you go for a space saver wheel then get one with all the accessories.

There are a few threads on this.
I know you don't need a jack use the sealant/compressor, I'll just have to use my trolley jack to replace disk pads etc

I know you don't need a jack use the sealant/compressor, I'll just have to use my trolley jack to replace disk pads etc
Wise move regarding the use of your trolley jack !.
I would never use a manufacturers supplied pressed steel jack, to carry any work on my car.
Trolley jack and a axle stand(s) every time (y) .

Wise move regarding the use of your trolley jack !.
I would never use a manufacturers supplied pressed steel jack, to carry any work on my car.
Trolley jack and a axle stand(s) every time (y) .
Yeah, i even think most manufacturers specify that the jack in the car is for emergency only, and that it is not rated to last for that very many "cycles"

Also, it is not made to support the load of the car for extended periods of time, only for a quick wheel off / wheel on, not 2 hours while you faff about, getting the brake discs and rotors replaced.

Yeah, i even think most manufacturers specify that the jack in the car is for emergency only, and that it is not rated to last for that very many "cycles"

Also, it is not made to support the load of the car for extended periods of time, only for a quick wheel off / wheel on, not 2 hours while you faff about, getting the brake discs and rotors replaced.
I agree, using a pressed steel scissor jack for lifting any car should be very limited in it's use.
The thought of lifting a heavy EV with a scissor jack, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end !.
Emergency only with a LOT of caution applied !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom