No spare tyre option on HS PHEV. Anyone on Run Flats?

Scalextric

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
ZS drivers are fortunate enough to have the option of purchasing a spare emergency wheel that will fit under the boot floor.
However this isn't the case with the HS PHEV unfortunately due to the batteries being stored underneath. I don't know how much use the supplied 'puncture repair kit' will be on the side of the M4 if you have damage to the side wall or a tear (chocolate teapot I'd imagine).

Only solution I can think of for peace of mind is run flat tyres. Anyone else?

I am not a big lover of run flat tyres, I have to be honest.
They are extremely heavy and therefore tyre wear is not great.
Generally they are more expensive to purchase as well.

Cool.. :cool:

What and where did you buy?

Also... 🤔 What's the fit like?
Ebay £70 18" Audi space saver

This must take up a lot of room in your boot Tim? (a great pity it can't be stored under the floor)
My MG ZT has a full-size spare in the boot so I am used to it!
20210519_141459.jpg
:)

When I bought my MG HS PHEV I specked it with a spare tyre and not a tube of glue.
It came with a spare tyre and a Jack but what Stoneacre Hyde didn't tell me is there's no room to store it in the boot !!
So now its in my garage doing nothing.

Ebay £70 18" Audi space saver

My MG ZT has a full-size spare in the boot so I am used to it! View attachment 4795:)
I purchased a space saver too...having an irreparable flat on the Motorway at 2 am in the morning and another in the countryside on a Sunday late evening awaiting recovery made the expense and inconvenience a game changer as did the info that the new tyre supplier advised that when you use the temporary puncture repair liquid option you need a new tyre as this renders the tyre irreparable for a permanent repair !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom