Noisy sound on level1 fan settings? Its not quiet until I turn off whole temp button!

EV2020

Standard Member
Reaction score
This car is too noisy, I don't get a feeling of driving it quiet internally. Peculiar sound when I set the fan on level 1 something like blocking the force and when I increase it to level2, this noise goes away but the fan blow noise begin. Did anyone notice this issue in your car or is it just in my car?

I’ve not had the issue personally. Drop a post in the heater ticking thread and see what you get.

This car is too noisy, I don't get a feeling of driving it quiet internally. Peculiar sound when I set the fan on level 1 something like blocking the force and when I increase it to level2, this noise goes away but the fan blow noise begin. Did anyone notice this issue in your car or is it just in my car?
The same in mine. As well when fan is on speed 2 , it keeps changing randomly speed up and down for let's say 50% so like 2.5.
That's why even on level 2 can hear heaters ticking sometimes.

How did you manage to fix this?
I have an Mg5LR - Absolutely no squeaks or rattles at any speed. ( it's amazing ! ) But the heater makes a slight ticking noise when you crank the heater up. Not related to fan speed. I wonder if there a compressor or heat pump working away in the background. Ticking stops if you take the temperature down below ambient. Any thoughts anyone ?

ZE EV 2022 heater ticking noise also present in our car. Definitely not the fan as the frequency of the tick doesn't change with fan speed change. Car went into dealer yesterday and they tested against a brand new MG which had the same faint tick. Said it was "as designed!". Can only assume its part of the heating element control, some kind of capacitor or something. Annoying but I guess its a budget car!

My fan became really noisy, sounded like a motorbike. Fixed it by removing a tiny dried leaf that was stuck in the heater fan under the glovebox.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom