Normal Rage V Long Range?

Raystr

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone,
I am no expert and my partner is the sole user of our car BUT can you answer a simple question for me please? At the moment our MG gives us about 150 miles on a full charge but my partner is finding the range a real problem, especially on longer journeys. If we upgrade to the new MG (with extended range) (providing we can afford it of course) will it take double the time to charge the battery? We normally use a 7KW and find the granny charger pretty much useless - we are unable to have a home in built charger because of where we live. It pretty much takes quite a long time with our current setup - will an upgrade create a massive problem for us with charging? Any help would be really helpful - Thank You so much - Raystr.

An advantage of upgrading to a LR is the need to charge less and I’ve learnt from this forum that’s it’s better to top up as you go and not charge from empty like you would refuel an ICE car.

AIUI The speed of charge on any one charger will be the same as you currently have. As mentioned above it will take longer. Of course the faster the charger, the less time it takes. And some raid chargers are slower than others, and that can be all of the time (i.e. just a slow rapid charger!!) or some of the time (e.g. some chargers which share a post are throttled if two cars hook up).

So I suppose the question is what distance is the usual journey, would it fall within fewer chargers?

Brilliant! - Thank You so much, very helpful! will do a bit of research now..
Cheers,
Raystr

I don't think the battery is that much bigger so shouldn't take that much longer to charge.
How long does it currently take you to charge and what size battery do you have compared with the LR?

I have the Facelift LR and I am averaging about 200 miles on full charge but as others have said I do not drive it to empty and fill up.

Not exactly what you have asked but as a fellow EV owner who cannot charge at home you might find this thread helpful. I originally start this thread before I got my car and added recent update based on a few months of owner one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom