Not good enough

Minimoa

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Waited 8 months for MG 5, done one full charge and then one morning nothing. AA assisted to local MG service and now it is stuck there for an undisclosed amount of time waiting for parts on backorder. The original fault was a flat 12v battery which read 3volts which was the morning after a full charge. Patience is wearing thin.

I think we may have had this discussion before. SAIC battery not available and the dealer unwilling to put in an aftermarket equivalent to get the car on the road.

I think we may have had this discussion before. SAIC battery not available and the dealer unwilling to put in an aftermarket equivalent to get the car on the road.
Who needs a Chinese battery when the original is qnly 3 weeks old, but you are probably right.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've had the car 3 weeks. The original battery on the other hand may have been sitting on a storage yard in China for 9 months in various states of discharge whilst your vehicle was waiting for parts to finish and ship it. There's been many others on the forum that have had issues related to poor 12v battery on a new car.

If they're waiting on a saic battery, for the sake of £150 for a non oem battery they need a stern talking to. I'm sure a deal can be made to get you and your vehicle out of their workshop. If its some other faulty component, that's a different matter.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom