Now a dilemma window tint or front grill. Thoughts anybody.

I don't get it either. I think the new front end looks better than the gen 1. Form follows function
One thing I do like is the flap is less obvious. I wish it was more hidden as standard.

Where did you get it done and can you comment more on the quality?
It was Direct Windscreen Services Ltd in Norwich. The job was and is superb. One thing I especially liked was, I wanted to get the front sides done too but she said not to, they did have a tint that was light enough to be legal but said you wouldn't notice it so no point. told me to save the money. She also WOULDN'T do any tint that wasn't legal.

I’ve been quoted £250 by the dealer
My dealer was supposed to have the rear windows tinted before delivery and failed to do it. I went to a local company who did an excellent job on all windows except the windscreen and roof, the cost was £360, the dealer had quoted £299 for less windows.

I definitely love the blacked out grill, looks so good. I thought the new model was ugly with the new grill.
In Australia where i am, the new grill would just show up lots of insect hits and possible stone chips.

One benefit of a black panel is it would be good for a DIY respray if you get the inevitable stonechip damage.

It was Direct Windscreen Services Ltd in Norwich. The job was and is superb. One thing I especially liked was, I wanted to get the front sides done too but she said not to, they did have a tint that was light enough to be legal but said you wouldn't notice it so no point. told me to save the money. She also WOULDN'T do any tint that wasn't legal.
The front very light tint would give UV protection and prevent burnt arms I was told.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom