OBD 2 with the torque pro App

HansG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

I've just bought an OBD 2 bluetooth Tool for My android device and i am now trying it with the torque pro App on my ZS EV.

Really neat functions - see My attached screenshots.

I am now trying to find all the best functions to add.
I found it nice to make a page with the settings for the hvac with the actual temp of the hvac, Speed of fan and which settings you currently are running.

I also found Charge Speed - "Charge"

Found this really helpful, easy and Cheap!

Anyone else running bluetooth OBD with torque pro? Or is there a better app i can try?

And One more question:
The OBD sets Off the alarm on the car when the car is off and im trying to connect to it with bluetooth. Can this be fixed or do i have to stop connecting it while it's off?
Screenshot_2021-09-26-16-51-45-603_org.prowl.torque.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-26-16-42-25-163_org.prowl.torque.jpg

Last edited:
Yes and you can load the HV battery cell info as well.

I just installed (Torque pro) after seeing your post , is there any settings must be done to show electric vehicles information's ?
I couldn't find any
Thanks

I followed theese Steps:

Did you buy a OBD2 bluetooth? You need that to draw the data from the car.

I bought this One, sorry for the Swedish site but you get the idea of what it is :)

Here it is!
The celldelta is the average of all cells right?
And under 100 mv is fine?
View attachment 4999
You need to add CMU01min to CMU09min and CU01max to CMU09max displays to see the minimum and maximum cell data. I believe the normal is about 20-30mv between max and min, though mine is around 40mv.
Here is the zip file for the PIDS I used.

Attachments

• MG-EV-OBD-PID-main.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 274
Hallo alle zusammen!
Ich habe die Torque-pro App installiert und rufe Daten aus dem Fahrzeug ab.
Mein Problem: Wenn ich das Fahrzeug abschließe, startet nach einiger Zeit ein Alarm mit dem Autohupen.
Kann das an den Fahrzeugeinstellungen liegen (vermutlich noch kein Softwareupdate)?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Thomas

Hallo alle zusammen!
Ich habe die Torque-pro App installiert und rufe Daten aus dem Fahrzeug ab.
Mein Problem: Wenn ich das Fahrzeug abschließe, startet nach einiger Zeit ein Alarm mit dem Autohupen.
Kann das an den Fahrzeugeinstellungen liegen (vermutlich noch kein Softwareupdate)?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Thomas
"Hi everyone! I have installed the Torque-pro app and retrieve data from the vehicle. My problem: When I lock the vehicle, an alarm with the car horn starts after some time."

Think a few people have reported similar, bit I'm not sure if they've managed to fix it yet.

"Hi everyone! I have installed the Torque-pro app and retrieve data from the vehicle. My problem: When I lock the vehicle, an alarm with the car horn starts after some time."

Think a few people have reported similar, bit I'm not sure if they've managed to fix it yet.
Ive noticed this, but you can get around this by exiting the app before you turn off the car.
No problem with the alarm after ive done so!

Any body else noticed the Torque Pro app keeps running in the background on your phone after you turn it off, or is it just my phone. I noticed my phone battery was running down quicker than normal and I couldn't stop it without turning the phone off and back on again.

Using Torque Pro and I have noticed that the app SOC is different from the SOC on the dashboard display, what could be wrong? PID equation?

I have had Torque pro for years and always used it with my Renault's and the partners alpha

Tried to connect today and the adapter I have just won't connect to the ECU
I was using a basic ELM 327 mini
Amazon product ASIN B09HQ76GGS
but have now ordered this
Amazon product ASIN B00H9S71LW
Hopefully the better one works, it is on the Torque compatibility list (just like the other one)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-133643_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-133643_Torque.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I have had Torque pro for years and always used it with my Renault's and the partners alpha

Tried to connect today and the adapter I have just won't connect to the ECU
I was using a basic ELM 327 mini
Amazon product ASIN B09HQ76GGS
but have now ordered this
Amazon product ASIN B00H9S71LW
Hopefully the better one works, it is on the Torque compatibility list (just like the other one)
You've ordered one for £74?????????
There are £10 ones that work with the ZS perfectly well

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom