OBD Data Thread

Dragonfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Okay, as suggested in another thread, I've been playing with an AutoPi trying to log some useful data, first off here's a screen shot of some data, minus the map of where I am.

mg data.jpg

The bms_status_value helps to decide what the car is doing i.e. idle/driving/charging etc.
next is state of charge which I think runs from about 15% to 95% but as yet I've not run it flat with the AutoPi connected so can't be sure.
After that is the 12v battery voltage.
The odometer reading is currently not being interpreted correctly, but I can tell you it only responds when the ignition is on, which might be useful if you need to detect that.
Next is speed in km/h (I need to do a conversion to mph for my own use)
next is the HV Voltage, and finally HV current.

The problem I am having at the moment is that if I leave the autopi plugged in, it triggers the alarm. So any assistance or other hardware that works without triggering the alarm, would be helpful.

Looks like you are way ahead of me there. I was thinking of using PC connectivity - the last time I did was using wired OBD2 and Vauxhall software to enable CC on the car. Let me read up / try some stuff and I will update the thread

Yes, I've done wired before, Alfa and Vauxhall. I also have a diagnostic tool for Land Rover. But I was hoping to keep better track of fuel economy, and charge status remotely.

But unless I can get it to stop setting alarm off, I won't be able to do the latter, and the former could just be a pain constantly plugging and unplugging the dongle.

Yes, I've done wired before, Alfa and Vauxhall. I also have a diagnostic tool for Land Rover. But I was hoping to keep better track of fuel economy, and charge status remotely.

But unless I can get it to stop setting alarm off, I won't be able to do the latter, and the former could just be a pain constantly plugging and unplugging the dongle.
I had an AA gadget (car genie) plugged into by OBD port initially as I’d had it in my old car. I was suffering from random alarm activations, and eventually realised why when I read this thread, so thank you. I removed it and the alarms stopped.

I’ve since placed an Apple Air Tag in my car to act as a GPS tracker, just in case.

At the moment I've not got device plugged in because it triggers the alarm, when the HS is locked, but I can definitely have a look when I have another bash at it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom