OBD2 MG5 PFL LR

Does the eZS app work for you? Is yours the Excite or the Exclusive?

Haven't tried that app, yet, and mine is the Exclusive.

I've actually received a reply from the app developer telling me to "Use the correct profile". I've replied asking him to confirm which is the correct profile. (I suspect the problem is user (my) error. I chose the "MG5 (2021 - 2022)" option and I should actually have chosen the "MG5 EV ..." option. 😭)

EDIT: Yes, I'm an idiot. Somehow at some point in the near past (because the app used to work properly) I must have changed the profile. Choosing the correct one and I see the results I expect to see! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Though I now have a different question, about State of Charge, which I will start a new thread for since it is not directly relevant to the OP.

Last edited:
Anyone tried the eZS app?
Yes, I have, and it worked a treat first time with my preFL SR Excite, using the Nexas NexLink dongle and an android phone. The combination of eZS app and NexLink was recommended by another contributor on the forum specifically for MG5. Gives SOH, cell voltages, temps, and loads of other info. Very pleased with it.

Somehow at some point in the near past (because the app used to work properly) I must have changed the profile.
Or the developer added another profile in font, and uses an index (0, 1, ...) into the table of profiles, effectively changing the profile that you were using. Not likely, but possible.

Or the developer added another profile in font, and uses an index (0, 1, ...) into the table of profiles, effectively changing the profile that you were using. Not likely, but possible.

Hi, thanks for this. It would be "nice" (from my point of view!) if that were the case but the reason for the problem was "user-error" (aka stupidity).

I had selected the wrong profile in the app, simple as that! 😳😳

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom