Obscured forward view in Mg5 Exclusive

CuriousIslander

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I test-drove an MG5 Exclusive yesterday (and was generally very impressed). However, when I sat in the driver's seat, I immediately noticed that the forward view was obscured by a rather large module at the top centre of the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. I didn't think any more about it and quickly got used to it.
Later, I (and my wife) sat in an Excite, really to compare the seats - she much prefers the fabric to the "plastic!", and I noticed that the forward view was better because this module was not there. The salesman briefly said that it was to house the camera and other electronics, and I thought no more about, especially as he was rather busy with new customers turning up.

However, thinking about it since, I am under the impression that the 5 does not have MgPilot or the other forward sensing stuff, and the brochure (printed May 2021) does not have any information, so just what is in there?

Can anyone shed any light on this please? If it is lane-keep-assist and all the rest, then it might be enough to make me go for the Exclusive - despite the seats!
Many thanks

I test-drove an MG5 Exclusive yesterday (and was generally very impressed). However, when I sat in the driver's seat, I immediately noticed that the forward view was obscured by a rather large module at the top centre of the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. I didn't think any more about it and quickly got used to it.
Later, I (and my wife) sat in an Excite, really to compare the seats - she much prefers the fabric to the "plastic!", and I noticed that the forward view was better because this module was not there. The salesman briefly said that it was to house the camera and other electronics, and I thought no more about, especially as he was rather busy with new customers turning up.

However, thinking about it since, I am under the impression that the 5 does not have MgPilot or the other forward sensing stuff, and the brochure (printed May 2021) does not have any information, so just what is in there?

Can anyone shed any light on this please? If it is lane-keep-assist and all the rest, then it might be enough to make me go for the Exclusive - despite the seats!
Many thanks
Hi, the black box behind the rear view mirror is where the rain sensor is.
And there is no lane keep assist, you've got a speed cruise control
I think the MG5 got all passive security and safety equipments but non of the proactive safety measures
Hope it helps

Hi, the black box behind the rear view mirror is where the rain sensor is.
And there is no lane keep assist, you've got a speed cruise control
I think the MG5 got all passive security and safety equipments but non of the proactive safety measures
Hope it helps
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

I noticed how restricted the view was in the driver's seat in SWMBO's 5, compared to the ZS.
I found that lowering the seat gave a fuller view.

That B great back box covering the rain sensor etc. It's a shame it wasn't designed with a switched USB (supply only; no data) to power the odd dashcam.

Does anyone know if the cover comes off and, if so, how?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom