Octopus EV tariffs

bigron

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
i checked Octopus energy for an EV tariff but said it did not recognise MGZS and/or Pod Point charger has any else tried to switch to them

i checked Octopus energy for an EV tariff but said it did not recognise MGZS and/or Pod Point charger has any else tried to switch to them
Hi bighorn - I have both and I'm with Octopus Go Faster (an EV Tariff)!

My tariff has been discontinued but Octopus Go is still available but it obviously depends on your usage and how much you can 'shift' to use during off peak hours as to whether Octopus Agile, Octopus Tracker or Intelligent Octopus is right for you.

I'd suggest emailing them or, if you're in a hurry, contact them on Twitter.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bloggsy

Yeah the Octopus Go tariff is their only EV tariff at the moment unless you have a Ohme charger which allows you to go on to Octopus Intelligent. It's something to do with how they manage the grid during the night.

I literally just switched to them today hence why I've replied.

Your restrictions only apply to Octopus Intelligent.
The link to Go is right next to it on the Octopus front page:
Octopus Energy.png

I find Twitter quicker than an email that can takes days to get a reply from.
Check out the gas tracker too as today it's 4.3p/kWh

For me (Solar panels, no battery) it's more convenient to stay on their tracker. For the past month average price for energy was around 20p/kw.

Their gas tracker is now below 4p a unit!
They only allow a limited number of customers per day to change to gas tracker tariff. We've been on the waiting list for a couple of months and have been told that it's likely to be Q3/4 before we are in the bracket and able to change.

Yes, I know - I was lucky enough to get in mid Jan before it got so much publicity... Mind you, the cheapness isn't much use now, I'm hardly ever using any gas!! LOL

I've put my name down on the waiting list and Octopus estimate it'll be 6 months before I will get onto Tracker which is just in time for Winter, after my Go Faster tariff finished!

My advice, for anyone thinking about it, is to get your name down now! Tracker is a 'flexible' tariff so if you try it and don't like it, you can move to another tariff so what's to lose?!

Hope this helps.

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom