Octopus go price drop

1682005073931.jpeg

21% drop for Off-Peak EV Charging !!

I wonder if the mainstream press will run stories on EV's Cheaper than Diesel and Petrol cars? I doubt it!

I'm glad that with my EV and Go plus a 10 kWh battery storage plus running what I can on overnight timers in March 97.5% of all my grid electricity was Off-Peak so 21% price drop from this evening is very much appreciated.

My Go tariff renews on the 10th of May so I may benefit from this although I've had no email :unsure:

Mine ends on June 21st, but currently is set at 34.9p daytime and 7.5p go rate... looking forward to see what the offer at renewal time...

Had my email about intelligent down to 7.5p and 38p, really good start, hopefully as predicted prices will drop again in July.

My Go tariff renews on the 10th of May so I may benefit from this although I've had no email :unsure:
Mine ends on the 11th so I am following all this closely.
Will you stick with Go or switch to IO?

This is extremely good news. While I can't use a home wall charger, I'm in a flat, the movement down will hopefully push other suppliers to follow suit. After all mass profits will never be made through expensive niche markets. No sell at small margins but with massive customer base. Strategically Octopus want to dominate the market by having the best affordable product. Other suppliers will be forced to follow the same strategy or quickly lose that market. That goes for off-site and rapid chargers as well.

Good on you Octopus.

Mine ends on June 21st, but currently is set at 34.9p daytime and 7.5p go rate... looking forward to see what the offer at renewal time...
I received my email 1 month before it expired. Have a look in your online account at the email history (all the emails they send you are in there - sorry if you knew that anyway).
Go is no longer a fix , just the current Go rate whatever it is.
You are simply required to let them know you want to stay on it otherwise you will revert to SVP. Letting them know early won't end your fixed rates early. :)

I received my email 1 month before it expired. Have a look in your online account at the email history (all the emails they send you are in there - sorry if you knew that anyway).
You are simply required to let them know you want to stay on it otherwise you will revert to SVP. Letting them know early won't end your fixed rates early. :)
I had the renewal email which quoted the higher (pre 21/04) rates but that offer was not updated.
Went through the renew process this morning and it automatically populated with the new rates so I've now signed up again. The rates are 39.5p Peak and 9.5p Off-Peak for my area.

For anyone wanting to know whether Go is better than SVP now with the price changes then the answer is probably yes, but you can compare with this.

1682075688437.png

Be careful when your fixed Go ends. Mine ended mid-December 22 and I notified them that I wanted to continue on Go a week before using the online tariff selector. I even got the confirmation emails. But when my fixed term ended I actually was migrated onto Government supported tariff then in January when we had another hike in the Government supported tariff I was bumped up again. On the single rate Government fix tariff really bumped up my bill above what I should have paid as 45% of my usage was on off-peak Go! It was a couple of months before I realised my buffer was almost gone even after installing Soar PV and Battery in January! Octopus said I'd not completed the "Onboarding" to Go correctly in early December and said I'd have to do it again but couldn't do anything about the past few months. However, I dig bag through my emails and found the Go Variable Tariff confirmations emails from the beginning of December but once I sent them to Octopus they recalculated the past 3 months and refunded me the overpayment within about 2 hours.

So Octopus are very good but mistakes can happen. To their credit, they always in my experience put matters right quickly.

I thought Onboarding was only needed to use IO tariff?
No, it seems that Octopus first put all customers on the standard variable traffic then customers go through the change tariff process to onboard to the special tariff be it Go, Go Faster (which is now closed), Intelligent, Flex or whatever. I'm currently in the process of onboarding to IO from Go now that my charger vehicle combo is compatible.

So yeh I agree with Billy above well done Octopus Energy I just hope that other energy companies follow them in reducing prices for others like me who are not with Octopus yet.
Les

I am on Intelligent and not had an email about price change but looking at the app its changed the prices. One thing I noticed is on the Sunday price. Some reason its showing 41p for part of the day but rest of week its 38p. Bit puzzled about that

I am on Intelligent and not had an email about price change but looking at the app its changed the prices. One thing I noticed is on the Sunday price. Some reason its showing 41p for part of the day but rest of week its 38p. Bit puzzled about that
Sunday roast. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom