ODB2 app for mg5 LR?

peter

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an ODB2 dongle.
Is there an app which is compatible with the 5LR that can tell me things like battery SOH?
I tried car scanner but looks like it only has option for the standard range. Assume this would not work as batteries are different?
Thanks

Have a look in the resources section of the forum main page, there are a few threads that talk about compatible dongles and apps.

From what I've read you may need a combination of apps to get any meaningful data out of it.

Hi all,

I have an ODB2 dongle.
Is there an app which is compatible with the 5LR that can tell me things like battery SOH?
I tried car scanner but looks like it only has option for the standard range. Assume this would not work as batteries are different?
Thanks
I've just started looking at car scanner today on MG5LR - don't think the battery version should matter? Maybe it will - but numbers correspond to dashboard values, other than SOC seeming to show value based on total capacity rather than usable capacity

I tried cat scanner but it does not seem to have the LR model available. Only the regular mg5. Can we still rely on the readings?

I tried cat scanner but it does not seem to have the LR model available. Only the regular mg5. Can we still rely on the readings?
I'd think so - I suspect the car model defines how the data from the OBD port is parsed into the values for each sensor - but this won't vary between the SR and LR models. The percentage values displayed come from the car itself - so the battery size shouldn't be relevant.

Not looked yet but where is the OBD port on the 5 ? Used car scanner on the ZS and was useful.

Tried to connect to car scanner with my odb2 adapter but didn't work. The same adapter worked previously for my ZS so assumed this would be compatible.
It successfully created an 'ELM' Connection but fails the 'ECU' connection. Any ideas what could cause this?

I have Car Scanner working with my MG5LR using either a Vgate iCar Pro OBD2 Bluetooth 4.0 or NEXAS NexLink Bluetooth 5.0 OBDII Scanner for iOS

Rough dashboard I set up - need to resize bottom two.

51331D9F-4300-4548-A989-610D41458972.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom