Odd Rolec charger problem (solid red light)

Septian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Morning all,

I've had a strange problem with my Rolec charger over the last couple of months, sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesn't
at the moment it's firmly in the doesn't work stage.
Long story short (as it can be)
EV Energy removed it from trying to connect to their servers as it never connected properly and have been able to charge as a "dumb" charger
However recently the light on the front has been solid red (Which says to me it's trying to connect according to the manual) but as this was turned off and was functioning as normal as a dumb charger, I'm wondering if something has gone wrong with it, fuse or some-such?
I tried a power cycle last time it happened and it started working out of the blue, however this time a power cycle is not doing anything at all.
I've tried plugging the charger in to the car but nothing happens, not even any contact click.
So I'm a bit confused about the whole thing, as the unit is obviously getting power due to the red light, but it really does nothing.
The confusing part is that it "was" working after the last time it happened.. but as of this time, nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom