Odometer Error

shimshon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Odo Err?
2024 registered, December 2022 build. Brand new shows Odd Err instad of mileage.
Trip mileage works and is accurate.
The dealer has no clue.
Everything else on the car works fine, and I'm very happy with it(after one week and I don't know how many kilometers).
I'd like to know what are the possible causes and how to fix the problem.

Try a reset by disconnecting the 12v for a minute and re-connecting. You will get a load of errors displayed on start up but they will disappear.

Did this just happen or has it never worked?
I think that it never worked. I didn't notice it when I picked up the car from the dealer. When I got home(around 75 km away), I proudly took a picture of the dashboard, to show my son the car's efficiency. He noticed immediately.

Try a reset by disconnecting the 12v for a minute and re-connecting. You will get a load of errors displayed on start up but they will disappear.
Thanks. Sounds like that should work. After one week with a new car I'd better let the dealership try that. I'll call them next week.

I think that it never worked. I didn't notice it when I picked up the car from the dealer. When I got home(around 75 km away), I proudly took a picture of the dashboard, to show my son the car's efficiency. He noticed immediately.

Thanks. Sounds like that should work. After one week with a new car I'd better let the dealership try that. I'll call them next week.
5 minute DIY job, find a 10mm spanner and keep it in the car. It can be used for a reset whenever needed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom