• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

off peak charge

E

EV AL

Can anybody help me. I do not currently have off peak electric and am reluctant to change from British Gas after a bad experience years ago which ended up a little expensive.

Firstly... I understand British Gas do an ev tariff but am unable to find any reference to it in there tariff section, I have phoned them and gave up after a 45 minute wait of rubbish music, and the second occasion of 1.25 hr wait gave up.

Secondly.. how do you access the ability to set the car to off peak with no MG app.

Can anybody help me. I do not currently have off peak electric and am reluctant to change from British Gas after a bad experience years ago which ended up a little expensive.

Firstly... I understand British Gas do an ev tariff but am unable to find any reference to it in there tariff section, I have phoned them and gave up after a 45 minute wait of rubbish music, and the second occasion of 1.25 hr wait gave up.

Secondly.. how do you access the ability to set the car to off peak with no MG app.
depending on your home charger you will use the home charger app and where possible make sure your car is up todate with its software so you can charge with the doors open etc.as you may see from the forum some home charger manufactures are still getting to grips with their apps (like pod point )

OH, I have pod point
It looks like they are doing the beta testing right now with some on the forum so it may not be to long before you can get the app. i hope unless it total falls flat on its but..you may find a app already for your charger at the moment the beta version is for scheduled charging ..https://pod-point.com/products/driver/app

Last edited:
Podpoint are just adding an off peak function to their app. Most off-peak tariffs will require you to have a smart meter. Most will install this for you foc. It’s really quite easy to swap suppliers these days. Look at octopus (5p off peak). If you use this link we both get £50 if you join. Good luck
share.octopus.energy/pear-yak-272

I'd say get a charger that does schedule charges, there's a lot that do now, and move to octopus GO tariff, cheap overnight charging and generally throughout the day a lot cheaper than British gas, that's what I've changed to.

I'm an average user, about 3000kwh per year before buying the EV. Only driving about 60 miles a week.

Currently with Scottish Power, up for renewal next month, paying 12.2p per kWh, with a standing charge of 20.4p. For users like myself, is Octopus Go still the way forward, or just go for the "cheapest" supplier, via a comparison site, which is what I did every year up until now? Octopus seems slightly more expensive, especially if gas is put into the equation.

Hi
I have just renewed with SSE but on their Fix and Drive v2 , this give 8000 miles of electric between 12 midnight and 8 am
Not yet managed to get my Rolec with EV.ENERGY to do it yet as it seems,they say, I have a low connection to the cloud

I'm an average user, about 3000kwh per year before buying the EV. Only driving about 60 miles a week.

Currently with Scottish Power, up for renewal next month, paying 12.2p per kWh, with a standing charge of 20.4p. For users like myself, is Octopus Go still the way forward, or just go for the "cheapest" supplier, via a comparison site, which is what I did every year up until now? Octopus seems slightly more expensive, especially if gas is put into the equation.
I’ve looked at a few and in my opinion the prices, dual rate tariffs and single tariffs do not differ too much and balance out. I kept my single rate EDF Go tariff at 11.70 per KWh, which is good compared to the market, but expires in May..

Octopus go is 5p for 4 hours overnight, 14.6p for the rest of the time, 25p standing charge so quite a bit cheaper. Then the gas is cheaper than I had for British gas.

I’ve looked at a few and in my opinion the prices, dual rate tariffs and single tariffs do not differ too much and balance out. I kept my single rate EDF Go tariff at 11.70 per KWh, which is good compared to the market, but expires in May..
What about standing charge?

Just looking at suppliers myself. Currently have Avro Energy at 13.35p/kWh and a standard charge of 16p/day. Octopus Go is 14.99p/kWh and 25p/day standard charge. So not changing until I get much more data on EV charging as on the normal rate Octopus is more expensive.

Just looking at suppliers myself. Currently have Avro Energy at 13.35p/kWh and a standard charge of 16p/day. Octopus Go is 14.99p/kWh and 25p/day standard charge. So not changing until I get much more data on EV charging as on the normal rate Octopus is more expensive.
Have a look at my post

Will Avro, but deal ending.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom