• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Official Space Saver Spare

The space saver wheel / tyre combo.
The lifting Jack and handle / wheel brace and another slightly “Berger” towing eyelet hook.
I assume this has been included, because this spare wheel kit came from the previous HS model I believe.
Some of the items have therefore been duplicated I guess ????.
All the items are stored in the supplied blown foam case that is then, held down with a supplied threaded metal stud.
This stud screws into a threaded on hole ( covered by a sticker ) in the boot floor of the wheel well.
And you are provided with a large plastic hold down nut, this is then threaded onto the stud, to keep the foam housing in place in the wheel well.
I think that’s the lot ?.

After a year of faultless and punctureless ownership, I took the car to the dealer (Fraser of Falkirk ) for its service and the comfort update. As I was paying I asked if they’d order me a spare wheel and red touch- up paint. I couldn’t believe it when ten minutes later I was driving off in a much quieter car without the bongs, the spare wheel in the boot and the paint kit in the glovebox. The price was just over £200 for wheel and paint and I was delighted. Having had a tyre shredded on a rock on an unmade road in the middle of nowhere years ago I’m not a great fan of the “gunk and pump” system.

After a year of faultless and punctureless ownership, I took the car to the dealer (Fraser of Falkirk ) for its service and the comfort update. As I was paying I asked if they’d order me a spare wheel and red touch- up paint. I couldn’t believe it when ten minutes later I was driving off in a much quieter car without the bongs, the spare wheel in the boot and the paint kit in the glovebox. The price was just over £200 for wheel and paint and I was delighted. Having had a tyre shredded on a rock on an unmade road in the middle of nowhere years ago I’m not a great fan of the “gunk and pump” system.
That is a good price for both items !.
The last time I checked, the space saver was almost £250 and a touch up stick was almost £20 !.
I only paid around £130.00 for my space saver kit, but that was back in early 2020.

That is a good price for both items !.
The last time I checked, the space saver was almost £250 and a touch up stick was almost £20 !.
I only paid around £130.00 for my space saver kit, but that was back in early 2020.
I think the ZS kit is listed at £200, the MG5 version £250

1627371804790.jpeg

I can’t think the gunk fills holes this size The costs and effort of getting another tyre fitted at that location on that wet and windy day would have convinced anyone to carry a spare wheel (photo taken later that day at the tyre fitters with me in tears when he told me he couldn’t patch so I needed a new tyre) 😩😂😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom