Officially cheaper charging publicly than at home (

5teep

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My price per kwh at home now is ~51p, public chargers near me are 30p for rapid and 20p for fast. :cry:
Hoping the local council have a long term deal with their supplier so they don't have to hike their prices as well.

My price per kwh at home now is ~51p, public chargers near me are 30p for rapid and 20p for fast. :cry:
Hoping the local council have a long term deal with their supplier so they don't have to hike their prices as well.
That sounds a bit steep and well above the cap.
What Tariff are you on?

Those public charging prices sound cheap. My local public prices are well over 50p rapids and 32p fast. What is your location?

Those public charging prices sound cheap. My local public prices are well over 50p rapids and 32p fast. What is your location?

Local council owned chargers are 30/20p. The private and other network chargers can be as high as a pound.

I took 44 miles out of a free Tesco Charger on Monday and 62 miles out free today whilst on site undertaking my job on foot. Oh! What Joy! both round trips amounted to 180 miles, so 80 miles at my own expensive (minus a favourable business mileage rate for 140 miles of the 180) and I am extremely pleased!!

Got the car on charge at the moment back up to 80% which I reckon will cost me in the region of £7.00

clearly these free chargers will not go on ☹️, but for the time being, I am making hay whilst the sunshines Yay!

Speaking of which (free chargers at super markets) does any member on here know of any time frame or sad news on the horizon, when this gift will be removed?

Wow, 51p is expensive, thought my rate at 35p was high.

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom