Ohme charger not working?

MrG

Established Member
Reaction score
Just plugged the car into my Ohme charger and the app is not showing the car as being plugged in.

The car display shows a charge taking place, but at first showed the charge would take five hours, then switched to 17hours!! I need the car at 9am tomorrow!

The Ohme charger itself is showing 32A. Am I doing something wrong here?

Have you contacted their customer services?

I had an issue the other day with my home Pod Point where it wouldn't charge (flashing green - waiting or car has stopped charge) and I had to phone Pod Point who, initially, saw nothing wrong.

However, they looked into it and found my home charger had been set incorrectly and had engaged its 'energy clamps' to restrict my charger to prevent damage to my house. I'm not entirely convinced as I started charging just before midnight and there wasn't much of a power demand.

Nevertheless, they reset my settings and the charger instantly activated and has been fine since.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Just plugged the car into my Ohme charger and the app is not showing the car as being plugged in.

The car display shows a charge taking place, but at first showed the charge would take five hours, then switched to 17hours!! I need the car at 9am tomorrow!

The Ohme charger itself is showing 32A. Am I doing something wrong here?
try unpluging everything then power down the charger at the main switch(switch charger Off) and re try.if no good you may need a trip to apublic charger to check car is ok..

Are you on octopus go to take advantage of the 5p tariff, if so do you have the app selected to "don't charge above 5p as I do. This will give you some wild charging time prediction, I think it's because the car won't tell Ohme what the % of charge is in the battery at start charge. So the Ohme will only 7kwh charge during the 5p time.
"I Think" So the rest of the time shows standby.
If I need 100% and don't want to take any chances I just select override charge at full power, you will know this is happening as the app go's red.
Why we can't have the option to just tell the charger to charge from 00:30 to 04:30 don't know although this would not guarantee a full charge. Hope i haven't confused things.

I had the same problem a few weeks back. Car clunking and then the dreaded clunk of not charging but the ohme charger showing 32 amps being supplied. I contacted ohme customer services and they updated a few settings. They got it sorted pretty quickly remotely but were very secretive about what had happened. I asked them a few times and all they said was that the “settings needed to be updated”. As my car has not been updated nor any settings being changed I think it was one of the over the air ohme updates (speculation) that “broke” the charger. I have had no problems since.

I had the same problem a few weeks back. Car clunking and then the dreaded clunk of not charging but the ohme charger showing 32 amps being supplied. I contacted ohme customer services and they updated a few settings. They got it sorted pretty quickly remotely but were very secretive about what had happened. I asked them a few times and all they said was that the “settings needed to be updated”. As my car has not been updated nor any settings being changed I think it was one of the over the air ohme updates (speculation) that “broke” the charger. I have had no problems since.
Did you ever find out what happened? I'm having the same problem with MG5 (posted under MG5) with only getting 15.7A/3.8kw.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom