Old topic revisited

Dino

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just did a balance charge after running down the % after getting the car back from the garage. Reset the trip computers and it gave 214miles in the GOM with everything switched off in Eco but dropped to 193miles with the air con on but no heat. 10% loss in range just for the air con. In the real world I seem to get 200miles per charge no matter what

The ac seems to reserve 10% regardless of miles left, get down to 50 miles of range and it takes 5 when you turn the ac on.
Just safeguarding i guess.
The A/C performance is greatly reduced in ECO mode anyway, to preserve the range as we already know.

Last edited:
The A/C performance is greatly reduced in EVO mode anyway, to preserve the range as we already know.
Yet it still takes 10% of your range. I know, i tried ac on all 3 modes today to check.

Whether it actually takes 10% of the driven range in eco is another matter

Maybe using ECO mode MAY take a little less than 10% from the range, but this will be at the cost of providing heat to the cabin of course !.
ECO mode is intended to help maximise / stretch the predicted range, therefore cabin heating is drastically reduced in order to make this happen.
The largest user of energy from the HV pack ( after propelling the car ) is the cabin heater.

Yet it still takes 10% of your range. I know, i tried ac on all 3 modes today to check.

How much it actually takes depends on what you set the temperature at. The nearer to ambient temperature the less it uses.

How much it actually takes depends on what you set the temperature at. The nearer to ambient temperature the less it uses.
This is absolutely correct !.
Some ZS EV owners have complained that the heater performance is poor at providing high heat on cold days and asked for advice on this subject.
It is then discovered that they are running in ECO mode !.
Once switched over to normal mode, the heater provides all the heat that you are likely to need.
Maximum performance from the heater and the car are not good bed partners in ECO mode 🤣.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom