One of the biggest problems......

Bricktop X PWR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
The biggest problem for me, owning a performance EV is the drop off of in power, as you lose battery percentage.

This means (to those pre disposed with a disposition the same as mine)
That you have to pick your 'battles' carefully.

Example.

I had a twonk today in an aged Civic Type S, who decided to try and cut in front of me on a roundabout, in the wrong lane, before the exit!
He was accelerating hard, as I saw him coming in my rear view mirror.

'None Shall Pass' I said to myself, and buried the throttle.

I did have enough electrons to do the job, but only just.

When I asked, the car kind of said..... really?
Do we have to do this now? with less than 10% battery??

Then he was attempting to be a Honda Boot badge for the next mile before I took my turn off.

I couldn't dispatch him in my usual fashion, because of the lack of juice.

Anyway, suffice to say, my 500bhp M5, had 500bhp, all the time (if selected) so numbtys were not an issue.

Last edited:
Best to just ignore irresponsible drivers like that.
Not possible I'm afraid.
I've been pre programmed to 'Attack'
I've been out of The Army 33 years but still I 'act' without question.
Then think about it later.

I'm a great deal calmer TBH, and can, and do, let a lot of things go when out and about.
But every now and then......

Not possible I'm afraid.
I've been pre programmed to 'Attack'
I've been out of The Army 33 years but still I 'act' without question.
Then think about it later.

I'm a great deal calmer TBH, and can, and do, let a lot of things go when out and about.
But every now and then......
A touch of the ever ready Foggy Dewhurst there ?

It's something that takes getting used to - if anything ICE cars get faster as they empty due to the lower fuel weight.

Maybe just use it within a higher band (eg above 20%) if it an issue for you?

Have to agree with Alb though, I totally get the impulse but the public road is not the place to fight with other cars.

I used to be like that. But I've learned to fix the mistakes of others, steer clear of the idiots and maximise the space around my car to minimise risks and maximise flow. It is so much better being able to drive in a way where other people don't trigger me.

A touch of the ever ready Foggy Dewhurst there ?
🤣 Honestly! Can't help it.

I got involved with the Fuzz lunchtime!

Some twonk came legging it past me on the way back to the car.
Not 10 seconds later, a plastic policeman came running my way also.
I said 'You after a chap in a blue jeans, blue and white jacket, baseball cap and carrying a plastic bag
Yes! he said.
'He's just jumped over the guard rail and gone up the fire escape to the next level, and.... he removed his cap on the way'!

Not 5 minutes later the 'Fugitive'🤣
was round the back of my car (not finished charging yet)

Screenshot_20240130_152511_OKCAR.jpg

So I jumped out to give the Fuzz, of which there were lots of them nearby, but looking the wrong way more assistance!

I did consider (briefly) getting ' more' involved, but wisely decided, I'm too old and too fat to get embroiled in a foot chase!🤣

Within a few minutes they had apprehended the Perp!

Plain clothed chap liked my number plate 👍

Screenshot_20240130_153257_OKCAR.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_153141_OKCAR.jpg

I'm the fat old bloke bottom left who's let himself go.🍺🥧🍩🥮🍳🌭🍔🍟🥓🥦

Last edited:
A public highway isn't the right place to work out your aggression. You should book some track time and do it off road.
As driving instructor Ashley Neal is always saying on his YouTube channel ... consider best flow for everyone, not just yourself. (Also, space closers are as bad as those trying to steal space ... it just ends up inconveniencing everyone).

As driving instructor Ashley Neal is always saying on his YouTube channel ... consider best flow for everyone, not just yourself. (Also, space closers are as bad as those trying to steal space ... it just ends up inconveniencing everyone).
And it was watching Ashley Neal videos that helped me change my driving.

Agree, I watch all his videos and they are full of good driving techniques and and advice on avoiding mistakes. I took the Advanced Driving Test when I was younger and still am an IAM member. I always try and anticipate well in advance what may happen, what may go wrong and how to avoid it. Ashley has an uncanny sixth sense in that he knows what some drivers are going to do before they actually do it 😊

Last edited:
A public highway isn't the right place to work out your aggression. You should book some track time and do it off road.
And it was watching Ashley Neal videos that helped me change my driving.

There is nothing wrong with my driving.
I will not be cut up, intimidated, bullied, or suffer fools when on the road.
The end.
I usually give them all a very wide berth, let them go, or leave them behind.

Just wasn't willing to accept it today.

Apart from the being able to leave them behind bit.
Not today.
No.
Lack of POWER! 👍🤣

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with my driving.

I’m sure there wasn’t as a very experienced driver 👍.

Based on Ashley Neil’s philosophy of creating and maintaining space I’m sure you were trying to safely create ample space for him to to tuck in behind you rather than risk him cutting you up in a dangerous manner (through his aggressive and bad driving).

I hope it teaches him to get in the right lane earlier and responsibly 🙂👍. He obviously needs to watch Ashley Neil’s videos 😊

🤣👍
Thankyou @JonnyG.
I was feeling a bit 'got at' 🤪

The way he was driving would indicate to me that, that, was his default driving mode.
I had already clocked him in my mirror, well in excess of the 50mph speed limit, gaining on me, on the dual carriageway, two roundabouts previously.

He only managed to catch up because the lights on the penultimate roundabout had stopped me.

If I had been blessed with more electrons away from the lights, he wouldn’t have seen which way I went!👍🤣

Your welcome 👍 ….I think the deciding factor was that in your first post you said :

“ I had a twonk today in an aged Civic Type S, who decided to try and cut in front of me on a roundabout, in the wrong lane, before the exit!”

Obviously cutting you up in the wrong lane is dangerous driving on his part. Had you you not been aware of him already as many other less observant drivers might not have been he could have caused them to panic / brake hard. You managed to avoid this through your observant driving and creating space behind you 👍

Lesson learnt for you : Keep my electrons up 🤣🤣

My rule of thumb is if they are level or ahead of me I back off and leave plenty of room. But if they are behind and not level it is my right to accelerate to create space behind 👌

Last edited:
Your welcome 👍 ….I think the deciding factor was that in your first post you said :

“ I had a twonk today in an aged Civic Type S, who decided to try and cut in front of me on a roundabout, in the wrong lane, before the exit!”

Obviously cutting you up in the wrong lane is dangerous driving on his part. Had you you not been aware of him already as many other less observant drivers might not have been he could have caused them to panic / brake hard. You managed to avoid this through your observant driving 👍

Thankyou again Jon.
I couldn't have put it better myself.👍

It's something I would have put up for you to view previously M8, as you know.
But I took down all my exuberant acceleration videos (on advice) due to it making my driving appear aggressive and unnecessary.
I 'had' decided not to upload anything else.......
And probably won't.🤔

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom