One solution to the scratch sensitive piano black trims

Sidemips

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I found out that the interior piano black trims were extremely fragile. I tried something today that ended up looking nice...
Forged carbon wrapping:
20210619_163132.jpg

Will post more pictures later on...

There is only one way to keep piano Black scratch free.
When dusty , never touch with fingers.
Spray wet with a cleaner like "Marly's cockpit spray" , also spray some on a fresh microfibre cloth untill the cloth is damp. Wipe off.
Never repeat with a dry microfiber cloth.

Well I've pulled it as hard as I can and it won't budge.
Do you have to wiggle it in a special direction or something ?

There is only one way to keep piano Black scratch free.
When dusty , never touch with fingers.
Spray wet with a cleaner like "Marly's cockpit spray" , also spray some on a fresh microfibre cloth untill the cloth is damp. Wipe off.
Never repeat with a dry microfiber cloth.
How do you clean the soft upper surface of the dash?

If it's a new car....do t even use detergents , just use a damp microfiber towel , dry with a fresh microfibre towel.

If you want to use detergents, use something special for a car, I use "Marly's cockpit spray" it's not a cheap spray that makes things shiny (I hate shiny dashboards) it's a product that comes in a 1L. Bottle and it's just a cleaner, also suitable for touchscreens and the rest of the dashboard.

Als het een nieuwe auto is ....gebruik zelfs geen wasmiddelen, gebruik gewoon een vochtige microvezeldoek, droog af met een verse microvezeldoek.

Als je wasmiddelen wilt gebruiken, gebruik dan iets speciaals voor een auto, ik gebruik "Marly's cockpit spray" het is geen goedkope spray die dingen glanzend maakt (ik haat glanzende dashboards) het is een product dat wordt geleverd in een 1L. Fles en het is gewoon een reiniger, ook geschikt voor touchscreens en de rest van het dashboard
Als het een nieuwe auto is ....gebruik zelfs geen wasmiddelen, gebruik gewoon een vochtige microvezeldoek, droog af met een verse microvezeldoek.

Als je wasmiddelen wilt gebruiken, gebruik dan iets speciaals voor een auto, ik gebruik "Marly's cockpit spray" het is geen goedkope spray die dingen glanzend maakt (ik haat glanzende dashboards) het is een product dat wordt geleverd in een 1L. Fles en het is gewoon een reiniger, ook geschikt voor touchscreens en de rest van het dashboard.
I ask it because i saw this strange spot on my dash☹️ i never touch the dash and ik never saw it before...it looks like a old tape spot in the factory mayby? Have anyone else something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_220217_369.jpg
    IMG_20210620_220217_369.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I ask it because i saw this strange spot on my dash☹️ i never touch the dash and ik never saw it before...it looks like a old tape spot in the factory mayby? Have anyone else something like this?
Is it still sticky,...like glue ?
If so. You could try WD 40.
WD40 is a silicone spray and removes all kinds of adhesive backings. But first make sure you have a degreaser at hand that's suitable for car dashboards because WD 40 will leave a shiny greasy residue.
(Before testing out on the real problem area always try out new solutions to a not visible surface.)

By watching your picture I think that the tape was left on there a long time and has been removed with force,....taking away a tiny.part of the top layer of the plastics....

Don't forget a good cleaner for after u use the WD40!
And Don't spray directly on the dashboard!!!! Spray on a microfibre towel outside of the car!!!
Don't spray WD40 on windows!!

I buy WD40 by the gallon (well 4lts actually) and use it everywhere on my classic cars (not windows obviously).

I always thought its main ingredient was fish oil? .... It matters not.

....excellent for lubricating rubber bushes and freeing off seized nuts and bolts...stopping rust....freshening up plastics....engine bays...electrical contacts etc. I tend to not use it inside the car, apart from door hinges and catches, as its a little greasy and attracts dust.

I buy WD40 by the gallon (well 4lts actually) and use it everywhere on my classic cars (not windows obviously).

....excellent for lubricating rubber bushes and freeing off seized nuts and bolts...stopping rust....freshening up plastics....engine bays...electrical contacts etc. I tend to not use it inside the car, apart from door hinges and catches, as its a little greasy and attracts dust.
The last part....yes indeed....and on , let's say a dashboard or doorpanels it's hard to get off if U don't like it....

It could be used for plastic bumpers on the outside. But still....there are better products out there to get black bumpers....

WD40 is actually a Water Dispersant (WD), formula number 40, not primarily intended as a permanent lubricant as it evaporates off, but it does have some temporary lubricating properties.
There's a similar product called Duck Oil made by Swarfega, not made from ducks but repels water like water off a ducks back. Both are very useful for dispersing condensation inside distributor caps. They are also good insulators, so not to be used on battery terminals or fuse contacts.
duck oil.jpg

WD40 is actually a Water Dispersant (WD), formula number 40, not primarily intended as a permanent lubricant as it evaporates off, but it does have some temporary lubricating properties.
There's a similar product called Duck Oil made by Swarfega, not made from ducks but repels water like water off a ducks back. Both are very useful for dispersing condensation inside distributor caps. They are also good insulators, so not to be used on battery terminals or fuse contacts.
View attachment 3695
Was always told by my grandad to not use WD40 as it encourages rust. I use a silicone spray or other lubricant sparingly

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom