One week in, and still happy ;-)

JABO

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I picked up my new white luxury EHS last week, and for now i'm still amazed how much car it offers for it's money.
It's had all updates prior to delivery, and most known issues seem to have been ironed out. Speed signs are now read correctly, infotainment is speedier than it was at the test drive, EV mode seems to behave as expected ( if i remember to shut off climate control ) unless the 12v batt is not fully charged which seems to take place AFTER the HV batt charge, so leave it in. i have not had any funny behaviour from the tailgate either. also charging begins as soon as the cable is inserted. Android auto is flawless, no lagging/stopping etc.

the gear shift lag at 80km is still there, but i think it's the only there is, and it can be helped if not pushing hard, the change will take place around 65km, and not nearly as noticeable.

The ICE kicks in much more controlled and does not over rev as much as it did before.

My only small niggles is that i think the EV motor has quite a loud whine when accelerating or decelerating compared to other EV's ? actually i love the sound but it's loud outside the car.

The other thing is that i get some vibration/shaking in the whole car from about 100-120km/h, especially when ICE is on. first i thought it was poor balancing of the wheels, but it's not in the steering wheel , it's the whole car ;-( , anyone else experienced this ?

otherwise than this i'm super happy and don't regret i went for it :))

Last edited:
Amazing!! Enjoy it dear.
What do you mean about EV mode? Did it enable automaticly once starting the car or you need to enable it manually?

No, it's the electric motor when either accelerating or decelerating it emits a high frequency whine, it's even louder than the noise generator, or at least on par

Hi Jabo
when you press the start button once not pressing the brake pedal the 12v battery will read12v or 11v on the meter if you look at the meter when you are driving it will be up to 13v or over which is showing there charge going to the battery. This is only as a gild they are not that Accurate and can read 11v like my one, to get the accurate read you need to use a multi meter. My one reads 12.85 v on a meter at rest and 1 hour after use.

Hi, do you know if it is possible to install 19inch wheels instead of standard 18 inch?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom