One Year Ago.....

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Exactly 12 months ago today I test drove an MG5 and signed an order form there and then.
I had full choice of colour and specification (Red Exclusive in my case) and the car was collected only 3 weeks later.
How things have changed.......

Nearly 2 years ago, one Saturday in July, I test drove the ZS EV, ordered one the same day, choice of colours and trims from dealer stock, got my free Pod Point home charger fitted the following Thursday and picked up the car the Saturday after.
I'd rather buy from stock than order, especially when there's a good choice.

No.

I did visit them at Southampton and got to sit in one that was waiting for a new windscreen, but would have had to book a test drive and they weren't confident about stock of LR model.

Ended up finding mine on Autotrader. After confirming that the car was in stock and available, I went to have a look see. I was handed the keys to the demonstrator and given the opportunity to go off on my own to try it out. Having 90% made my mind up before the drive, I did the deal the same day for pickup later in the week. The dealer was WLMG at Eastcote and Sean was the salesman.

The car had been pre-registered and Had 20 miles on the odometer. All enjoyable so far, with the only snag being unable to charge at a MER chargepoint, which I suspect is a debit card problem as I have been unable to get their app to take my card details. Happily, I got a charge with Instavolt at a local Macdonalds with no problems.

Just noticed I’ve had mine 12 months now!
got it end of May and I’ve done 8000 miles so had the low mileage service, picked the car up from our house did the service brought it back, also did a repair on a slow puncture all for £62.67!
also had the AA membearship renewal.
just waiting for Morris to come through the post
got to love EV Life Lol
by the way MG5 SR, no problems at all in those 8k miles, mainly charged at home on Go off peak rate of 5p/KW
just need to organise the ZS for its second service next week.

Waiting for Morris? I was told they aren't available anymore. That's why I signed up for the service cover to get a bear every year. Are they braking a contract 😢

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom