Order placed for my new ZS EV

Good report.
Get my ZS EV on Monday. Same thoughts as you on Instavolt, luckily there’s a charger site just a few miles away from home to rehearse on before longer journeys.
Having Hypervolt charger fitted soon hopefully.

Good afternoon all,

After lurking on here and getting loads of useful information I have now become a member.

I currently have a MG ZS but have been looking at getting the electric model. I test drove one yesterday and placed the order today. It should be here in about 10 days.

I have had my current MG for nearly 3 years now. A friend bought one and i thought it looked lovely. He told me to ignore the less than complimentary reviews. I was driving a Volvo XC60 at the time. We took a 1.0L automatic for a test drive and could not believe what a lovely car it was.

Moving forward my friend has just bought a new MG5 but as I like the higher driving position of the ZS I have gone for that model.

I have decided not to have a home charger installed but will see how the granny charger works.

There is a local fast charger not far from me. It has been installed by Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire councils and cost 20p per KWh.

I am sure that I will have loads of questions over the coming weeks.
I have had to granny charge for 41/2 years, Leaf then MG ZS, due to an 'impossible' install.
I have a dedicated socket from my garage supply, no problems to date.
Gets 2.2 kW so about 8 miles added per hour charging.

Good report.
Get my ZS EV on Monday. Same thoughts as you on Instavolt, luckily there’s a charger site just a few miles away from home to rehearse on before longer journeys.
Having Hypervolt charger fitted soon hopefully.
only came across the hypervolt charger last night on youtube please pop a review on the unit when you get it installed.. (y)

It seems 80% is the ideal spot for normal day to day charging unless going on a long journey and then start with 100%.
Unless someone knows otherwise.
just picked my ZS EV today.

It seems 80% is the ideal spot for normal day to day charging unless going on a long journey and then start with 100%.
Unless someone knows otherwise.
just picked my ZS EV today.
I recall that 80% was advice given to Tesla owners some while ago if car wasn't going to be used for a while, but with the new BMS when car shows 100% it is only at 93% true capacity anyway it is safe to charge to 100% regularly.

Good afternoon all,

After lurking on here and getting loads of useful information I have now become a member.

I currently have a MG ZS but have been looking at getting the electric model. I test drove one yesterday and placed the order today. It should be here in about 10 days.

I have had my current MG for nearly 3 years now. A friend bought one and i thought it looked lovely. He told me to ignore the less than complimentary reviews. I was driving a Volvo XC60 at the time. We took a 1.0L automatic for a test drive and could not believe what a lovely car it was.

Moving forward my friend has just bought a new MG5 but as I like the higher driving position of the ZS I have gone for that model.

I have decided not to have a home charger installed but will see how the granny charger works.

There is a local fast charger not far from me. It has been installed by Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire councils and cost 20p per KWh.

I am sure that I will have loads of questions over the coming weeks.
Congrats on the ZS EV purchase, you wont be disappointed.

I have had to granny charge for 41/2 years, Leaf then MG ZS, due to an 'impossible' install.
I have a dedicated socket from my garage supply, no problems to date.
Gets 2.2 kW so about 8 miles added per hour charging.
We also only have the granny charger as we don't need fast charging for normal use. If unexpected long trip is required at short notice we are lucky to have multiple public fast chargers, up to 50 kW's, within a couple klms from home.

Had ours for two weeks and done 1100 enjoyable miles. Have put standard tints on and AlloyGators to protect wheels.

Attachments

• F499CEDE-7C2E-4870-A369-7ABD2F8866CC.jpeg
    F499CEDE-7C2E-4870-A369-7ABD2F8866CC.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 195AADEF-A999-4952-A552-3599CF5038AC.jpeg
    195AADEF-A999-4952-A552-3599CF5038AC.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 148
  • E7CF90CC-3EA6-4EA6-BDCE-55D5FEBC8EAF.jpeg
    E7CF90CC-3EA6-4EA6-BDCE-55D5FEBC8EAF.jpeg
    678.5 KB · Views: 155
I have always fitted them after having them on an ex demo car years ago. You get your money back in p/x value when the alloys are still immaculate many years later. ZS EZ ALLOYGators were £158 fitted.

I have always fitted them after having them on an ex demo car years ago. You get your money back in p/x value when the alloys are still immaculate many years later. ZS EZ ALLOYGators were £158 fitted.
Cheaper still if you don't use the kerb as a guide for parking. ;):LOL:

Do they work? Have you crunched a kerb with them?

That may be the case but they are uncomfortable and covered in cheap plastic.You get what you pay for, the ZS EV being a cheap electric car, in my opinion the plastic seats are poor. The fabric seats material has more stretch. MG have recognised the problem and have taken the trouble to improve the seats in the latest ice ZS which are much more comfortable with more stretch in the material. It is good to see these improvements being made.
NO MG BADGE IN THE HEADRESTS NOW 2022

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom