Ordered an Exclusive in Silver on lease, possibly here June!

LordSiborg

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Good evening everyone, first post here. Switching from Passat Estate to MG5 hopefully around June. Just here to gather a bit of info, hints and tips. I'm an engineer and I do between 15-18k per year so will be a very interesting experiment for me. Challenges will be less boot space (the Passat is HUGE) and the obvious charging when north of the Watford gap. Type 2 charger going in at home next week, current electric deal expires in May so will switch to some sort of EV tariff if such a thing still exists by then!
Simon.

I had an older Passat and thought the boot was smaller than the 406 it replaced but about the same size as my Octavia. The MG5 is a great size and I think more leg room in the back.
What charger did you go for?
Octopus are still taking customers but you have to call them and depending on your location something like 30p peak and 7.5p for 4 hours over night.
Have you got a smart meter?

I did a practical comparison by dropping my day to day kit in, and the width is the same, height to the load bay cover very similar but about 8 inches less depth. Manageable I reckon, if not I'll just have to learn not to carry as much junk!
Went for a Project EV Pro Earth, the fact it connects at the side suits it's prospective location.
Can't change supplier yet as in contract but, hopefully the deals don't get much worse. Have been putting off the smart meter as it seems inevitable I'll end up with the wrong one for a new supplier!

Good evening everyone, first post here. Switching from Passat Estate to MG5 hopefully around June. Just here to gather a bit of info, hints and tips. I'm an engineer and I do between 15-18k per year so will be a very interesting experiment for me. Challenges will be less boot space (the Passat is HUGE) and the obvious charging when north of the Watford gap. Type 2 charger going in at home next week, current electric deal expires in May so will switch to some sort of EV tariff if such a thing still exists by then!
Simon.
We had electricity installed a couple of years ago oop norf, it's becoming quite popular. I think you'll manage.

Last edited:
No offence intended, obviously :) More that I'm familiar with where everything is down the lower third of the country! I'm much more relaxed about it than my wife 🤣
We had electricity installed a couple of years ago oop norf, it's becoming quite popular. I think you'll manage.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom