Ordered my MG5 at the beginning of October and was told early December delivery

Johncc

Established Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine at the beginning of October and was told early December delivery. After the order a £4000.00 scrappage scheme was introduced which the company agreed to include. Last week I was told 700 MG's will be in the country 1st week of December but the dealer was not sure if the model split of if this means arrival at the dock or the dealers.

Still no definite date, looks like mid December now.
I'm not too worried -January delivery would be fine but I am puzzled because AutoTrader shows the dealer having stock for immediate delivery (in the silver i ordered).
The dealer assures me this is not the case.
Also the specification on AutoTrader includes high beam assist and heated windscreen.
Together with the developing fiasco with roof rails it appears the dealers are all at sea with exactly what is being provided.

I test drove an MG5 on Saturday 19th Dec, liked it. was offered a good deal on a white Excite from Unity Coventry. They had it in stock and I picked the car up the following tuesday. I had a pleasant drive back to Abingdon. While I would have prefered the Exclusive I could not justify the extra cost for things that would be of little use to me (apart from the heated seats).

Ordered mine at the beginning of October and was told early December delivery. After the order a £4000.00 scrappage scheme was introduced which the company agreed to include. Last week I was told 700 MG's will be in the country 1st week of December but the dealer was not sure if the model split of if this means arrival at the dock or the dealers.
This is just another failure of MG that they can not tell the dealer if the car they ordered for the customer is due for arrival. Surely they have list and can allocate cars?

I ordered mine in Blue back in October and expect delivery March. If I don't cancel. Please read my thread on the MG5 forum. Very disappointing and worrying about the issues mentioned on the LS EV forum that may reflect on the MG 5?

Richie, the MG5 is based on the Roewe i5 and has been around since 2017 so most of the issues should have been ironed out. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

This is just another failure of MG that they can not tell the dealer if the car they ordered for the customer is due for arrival. Surely they have list and can allocate cars?

I ordered mine in Blue back in October and expect delivery March. If I don't cancel. Please read my thread on the MG5 forum. Very disappointing and worrying about the issues mentioned on the LS EV forum that may reflect on the MG 5?
The ZS EV has had a few little niggles, but on the whole is a really good car, mine is brilliant and I love it.

Richie, the MG5 is based on the Roewe i5 and has been around since 2017 so most of the issues should have been ironed out. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
Hopefully, thats what my thinking is. I would like see some feedback positive or negative on the vehicle.
I think the i5 is the saloon with the Ei5 being the estate version, believe also the same in some other Asian countries.

Based on the theory that most people leave comments only on negative rather than positive things, I could say if nothing bad is heard or seen (except for roof rails) then all should be Okay.

The ZS EV has had a few little niggles, but on the whole is a really good car, mine is brilliant and I love it.
Mark
On the whole yes your correct our LS EV is okay but I would not say brilliant, it "is what it is" a vehicle bought in a budget price bracket so you can't expect too much quality.
Bit like shopping in Farm Foods v Waitrose or Pitsea Market v John Lewis

I actually disagree with that comment as I came from a Volvo XC90 to this car and I’m pleasantly surprised with the quality for the money, yes you are right that it’s not as good as some of the premium brands, but is not as far away from them as compared to the price difference. That’s my opinion anyway as I’ve had no issues with my car since March 2020...

I actually disagree with that comment as I came from a Volvo XC90 to this car and I’m pleasantly surprised with the quality for the money, yes you are right that it’s not as good as some of the premium brands, but is not as far away from them as compared to the price difference. That’s my opinion anyway as I’ve had no issues with my car since March 2020...
Wow XC90, top dollar. An XC40 would have been cheaper.
You can get a low mileage late 2019 or early 20 for around 23 - 24k.

I took delivery of my MG5 (Red) (Exclusive) just before Christmas and have covered about 200 miles so far. I have charged it twice as I am trying to keep the battery between 20% to 80%. Using the Aircon all the time and recently the heated seat I have been getting 3.1 to 3.2 miles per Kw; which should give a comfortable range of about 150 miles at the moment. I wont worry about the roof rails, they will not be used. The car does mist up more than my other car but hitting the front windscreen heater button and its all clear in about 10 seconds. I started once with frost on the windscreen and that cleared far far quicker than on an ICE car. I tend to use KERS 3 in town and KERS 1 on the open road and expect the brake pads therefore to last a lifetime. Already loaded up the back with boxes and have to say it would have been nice if the back seats had folded flat for increased capacity. I'm amazed how quickly I got used to the quiet and KERS3.
I'm still learning all the buttons and sat nav but there doesn't seem to be anything too difficult.
Enjoying the restricted experience of Tier 4 and look forward to happy cheap motoring in the future.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom