10 screw clips (motor bay cover off)
1 rubber bung (each side) on the rear of headlight to access the bulb
1/4 turn bulb out
Unclip wire
Then the reverse for new bulb
15 mins done
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

For anyone interested, I did a more detailed how-to on this:

Not rubber bungs on the back of the ZS headlights, but very hard to turn screw on covers.
The ZS bulb cover is very very stiff from new. It takes a lot of effort to get them to budge. I was shure I was going to break something when I first fitted high output Osram Night Breakers and asked my dealer if I was doing it right. If you've never done it before, it is a bayonet fit so when it does move it is just less than a quarter turn, then pull. Before refitting apply a little grease or petroleum jelly (ie Vaseline) around the cover bung so that next time it won't be so difficult. Remember that the OME bulbs fitted to the MG are standard brightness but Long-Life bulbs and fitting High Output bulb expect them to have a shorter life and you should therefore expect to do this again. However, the extra brightness is well worth the trouble!

Merry Christmas all
Just fitted osram night breakers
(Christmas stocking filler)
Lifted the bonnet
10 screw clips (motor bay cover off)
1 rubber bung (each side) on the rear of headlight to access the bulb
1/4 turn bulb out
Unclip wire
Then the reverse for new bulb
15 mins done
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I found the nearside bulb a bit of a #ugger to twist and lock and have the cut finger (on fusebox) to prove it :rolleyes:

Just done this on my MG5, a bit tight near side as mentioned already…. I tried to shut the bonnet with screw driver still inside, dented the inside strut part of the bonnet! Urgh….. outside unaffected at least….

Changed mine this afternoon. Took about 15 minutes. Not driven with them yet but better than originals

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom