Other 5s on the road..

Stuwit46

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I’ve had mine since 29 Dec, covered 2000 + miles and haven’t seen any other MG5’s on the road, has anyone else? It’s the first car I’ve bought where you don’t see them everywhere, apart from our Triumph Herald a few years ago. Tempted to do an old MG nod/wave when I do 🤔🤪 maybe a high “5” out the drivers window 🙈

Lucky you. I got my car the same day and have only done 400miles, most of which was the 120mile trip back from Burnley on day if purchase. I to have not seen any other 5's yet ☹️

Lucky you. I got my car the same day and have only done 400miles, most of which was the 120mile trip back from Burnley on day if purchase. I to have not seen any other 5's yet ☹️
I work in the Health & Social care sector so, although less mileage than pre COVID it’s good to get out and drive it. Your time will come when the weather is warmer and the range will be longer 🤔😂😂

I got my MG5 on 23 December. Due to lockdown, it has only covered 105 miles... I cannot wait for the time when I can take the car for a day out at the coast...
I saw another MG5 at a public charger nearby. That's the only one I have seen...

We picked up our MG5 on 12/03/21 and have only covered 360 miles. Only seen 1 MG5 and that was from the dealer network! I think you will see more as lockdown lifts. Its cheaper than a Golf Estate and no doubt a few others.

For people who like to crunch numbers. Statistically speaking MG market share in new vehicle registration is just over one, which means you are likely to see one MG in hundred you cross on road.

Of course, this depends on so many more factors than numbers(lockdown being one).
I have come across two red MG5's in one month, but several MG ZS EVs(at least one every time I venture on an A road).

I have no idea how you can tell an ICE MG ZS from and electric one apart from badge and exhaust

I have no idea how you can tell an ICE MG ZS from and electric one apart from badge and exhaust
Windmill wheels and if it's Pimlico blue, they don't do a Pimlico blue ICE version.

I’ve had mine since 29 Dec, covered 2000 + miles and haven’t seen any other MG5’s on the road, has anyone else? It’s the first car I’ve bought where you don’t see them everywhere, apart from our Triumph Herald a few years ago. Tempted to do an old MG nod/wave when I do 🤔🤪 maybe a high “5” out the drivers window 🙈
Still waiting had it since beginning of February.........

Just about to cross over 7k miles, I have seen 2, a black excite at the charger point I use at national theatre, and a taxi silver exclusive somewhere along Southwark Bridge.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom