Other car forums and EVs. šŸ¤£

The article posted by @Rolfe wasn't an electric bus, and was from September 2022. That was the point I was making - it was nothing to do with the recent incident, hence why there was no mention of that one being an electric bus in that article. :) (She posted that article to show that non-electric buses are just as, if not more likely, to catch fire).

And the article you link above seems to be covering two separate incidents? An electric bus on Thursday and a hybrid bus on Friday?

The article posted by @Rolfe wasn't an electric bus, and was from September 2022. That was the point I was making - it was nothing to do with the recent incident, hence why there was no mention of that one being an electric bus in that article. :) (She posted that article to show that non-electric buses are just as, if not more likely, to catch fire).

You do like your that's.

If you look in post #12 it clearly states after the link to the article that

'As it was, the fire did not ignite the fuel (battery) and was much less destructive and easily controlled.'

This could of course be interpreted to suggest that the bus was an electric vehicle, hence posting that there was no mention of such.....in that article.

:)

If my post was unclear, I'm sorry. I posted that article to show the consequences of a fire in a diesel bus involving the fuel tank (diesel) and erupting into a fireball. I then contrasted it with the recent case, where the bus was said to be an electric vehicle, and the fire had not spread to the fuel and there was no fireball.

But maybe read my post again because I think it was clear.

Went on a Taycan forum yesterday, stumbled on Chinese EV Cars Thread that got shut down for politics and insults. A few Chinese natives letting the critics know what time it is.

There are about 950 fully Electric buses in London. Majority of the buses are Hybrid. Diesel and Electric. I assume the electric ones are the latest ones running in central London

Last edited:
If my post was unclear, I'm sorry. I posted that article to show the consequences of a fire in a diesel bus involving the fuel tank (diesel) and erupting into a fireball. I then contrasted it with the recent case, where the bus was said to be an electric vehicle, and the fire had not spread to the fuel and there was no fireball.

But maybe read my post again because I think it was clear.
No worries, I think a few wires have been crossed, hardly a drama :) For me it was clear too, directly under the link your text said 'the fire did not ignite the fuel (battery).' which in my simple way implied the fuel was the battery, or perhaps I just inferred it from that comment.
But as I say no harm done, no problems, we are all agreed re fires in vehicles. (y)

The Mustang Forum are quite anti-any model newer than 1970's - the reaction to a SUV using the Mustang name, and being EV has been incendiary..

Wouldn't rule one out for my next vehicle. Would make the club meets prickly though.

The Mustang Forum are quite anti-any model newer than 1970's - the reaction to a SUV using the Mustang name, and being EV has been incendiary..

Wouldn't rule one out for my next vehicle. Would make the club meets prickly though.
The MG owner's club used to be anti rubber bumper as my mate found out when he joined with his rubber bumpered MG Midget.
Rubber bumpers were introduced in 1974 and added 100lb to the car's weight.

I remember the Mini Owners Club when the MASSIVE New Mini turned up in 2001?šŸ¤£

I bought a New Cooper in 2003 and remember bumper stickers on classic minis giving "us" a hard time!!!

Screenshot_20240116_082331_Chrome.jpg

I joined the MG club to access the affinity scheme. I am greatly amused by the magazine, and the original members attempts to grasp the changes that have befallen the MG marque. They are still getting to grips with the rubber bumpers, but are adopting the ostrich approach to the new tranch of cars bearing the MG insignia. For most I think the best approach, we dont want our struggling NHS being overwhelmed by screeching original MG owners in straitjackets :eek:

I am a long time member of an online motorhome owners club (yes my MH is an ICE unfortunately) and one of the members started an "EV appreciation" thread because many of the members also have EVs for their daily transport.

As you can probably guess, that proved to be an immediate 'call to arms' for the luddites, conspiracy theorists and general anti EVers! All the usual tripe was trotted out in the first few posts, and despite several EV owners providing links to published articles reports and data that dispelled most if not all of inaccuracies, they kept being reintroduced by the same hard core anti EV Brigade time after time.

Unusually for me, I allowed myself to be pulled into a couple of online arguments that got metaphorically quite heated, but then I decided I would put the thread on my ignore list and I would no longer contribute, simply because despite having owned three EVs since 2015 and having driven them many 000's of miles over that time, my and other EV owners' experiences were not going to convince those that did not want to be convinced.

Despite the OP stating on a couple of times that the thread was about "EV appreciation" and putting out a plea for the negative comments to stop, the usual suspects just could not help themselves and they had to pound the keyboard to regurgitate the same pile of 'horlicks' as we have all become accustomed to over the last few years.

I tend not to use expletives on a day to day basis, but in respect of those uninformed and quite vicious individuals that had been on the thread, I could very easily come up with a list to describe them, but I then reason that they will have won the argument (but not the battle), if I lower myself to their standards.

I obviously still regularly go onto the website for MH related stuff, but just do not view that particular thread, which is a shame when considering what it was set up to do for EV owning/driving members!

I have also had an EV since 2015 (first a Zoe). The tide is turning and many of my closer circle are now seriously questioning their position. I do have all the answers to the usual misconceptions and will occasionally amuse myself if a particularly ignorant luddite surfaces. Mostly I just smile and enjoy my cheap clean exceedingly brilliant EV driving, before the herd cottons onto how good they are.

Intrigued (though suspect it may be same reason I still have an old 6 x U2 (D) battery MagLight!).
As an EV is essentially a computer on wheels the 10mm spanner is for the "turn it off and on again" process of disconnecting the 12v battery, which fixes a significant number of issues preventing onward travel. I have 2 in my car as I lost the 1st one and ordered another, subsequently finding it in the car when trying to decide where to keep the 2nd šŸ˜‚

As an EV is essentially a computer on wheels the 10mm spanner is for the "turn it off and on again" process of disconnecting the 12v battery, which fixes a significant number of issues preventing onward travel. I have 2 in my car as I lost the 1st one and ordered another, subsequently finding it in the car when trying to decide where to keep the 2nd šŸ˜‚
A bit snobbish that - stereo spanners

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom