Our Inaugural Trip Planned

johnb80

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
To christen our new MG5 Trophy and for nt better half to get used to the features of the new car, public charging and potential range anxiety (unlikely), we have our first min break planned.

Wednesday 11th October were off to Heythrop Park for 2 nights, visiting Jezzer and Diddly Squat Farm on Thursday plus a bit of local sight seeing. On Friday we head off back towards home but stopping off to attend Brett Wales Music Festival at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel, Wifey will be off shopping in |Nottingham whilst I will be gobsmacked watching Brett Wales and Franz Lambert making incredible music on Wersi Organs (one of my passions). This goes on for the whole weekend, finally departing for home in Gainsborough on Monday.

So we will see how our new motor lives up to expectations, so far it's brilliant, we have only one minor fault, the front passenger door doesn't open from inside unless you twang the handle once and then pull it again. The dealer will make adjustments when we take it back.

..., we have only one minor fault, the front passenger door doesn't open from inside unless you twang the handle once and then pull it again. The dealer will make adjustments when we take it back.
Obvious question is the car locked (auto lock) or unlocked at the point of trying to open the passenger door.
As you described it, that is normal when the doors are locked, once to unlock second pull to open.

Obvious question is the car locked (auto lock) or unlocked at the point of trying to open the passenger door.
As you described it, that is normal when the doors are locked, once to unlock second pull to open.
All of the auto locking is off and I've tried every combination. It definitely needs the two pulls but it's recognising the first pull unless I let the handle fly back. Doing this it works perfectly.

FL model must have more options as cannot turn off auto locking on the pre-FL.

To christen our new MG5 Trophy and for nt better half to get used to the features of the new car, public charging and potential range anxiety (unlikely), we have our first min break planned.

Wednesday 11th October were off to Heythrop Park for 2 nights, visiting Jezzer and Diddly Squat Farm on Thursday plus a bit of local sight seeing. On Friday we head off back towards home but stopping off to attend Brett Wales Music Festival at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel, Wifey will be off shopping in |Nottingham whilst I will be gobsmacked watching Brett Wales and Franz Lambert making incredible music on Wersi Organs (one of my passions). This goes on for the whole weekend, finally departing for home in Gainsborough on Monday.

So we will see how our new motor lives up to expectations, so far it's brilliant, we have only one minor fault, the front passenger door doesn't open from inside unless you twang the handle once and then pull it again. The dealer will make adjustments when we take it back.
Just to confirm are you talking about trying to open the door while the car is in Ready mode or after you turn it off?

In Ready mode:
As far as I am aware this is the "silly" standard way all the doors work on the FL.
One pull to unlock, one to open the door.
If this is what you are talking about I would love to know if they can stop this behaviour.

Turned off
When turned of the doors auto unlock and its just one pull.

Known fault
There was a known fault with the FL where some doors would not open at all from the inside. (nothing to do with child lock). I had two doors fixed for this issue.

Just to confirm are you talking about trying to open the door while the car is in Ready mode or after you turn it off?

In Ready mode:
As far as I am aware this is the "silly" standard way all the doors work on the FL.
If this is what you are talking about I would love to know if they can stop this behaviour.

Turned off

Known fault
There was a known fault with the FL where some doors would not open at all from the inside. (nothing to do with child lock). I had two doors fixed for this issue.

This is from the FL manual.
1695994228228.png

In Ready mode:

Turned off

Known fault
It doesnt matter what mode it's in, it always needs two pulls to open and the first one I have to let go of the handle. This is only from inside the car, the outside handle works perfectly every time.

FL model must have more options as cannot turn off auto locking on the pre-FL.
Theres auto locking and auto unlocking in the options.

It doesnt matter what mode it's in, it always needs two pulls to open and the first one I have to let go of the handle. This is only from inside the car, the outside handle works perfectly every time.
Yeah does sound like the known door issue.

Any info on the known door issue? service bulletin?
Sorry no. There were just loads of people on this forum and others reporting the issue when the car got release. My dealer was aware of the issue and new which part to order as soon as I called them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom