Outside temp

Burrom

Standard Member
Reaction score
If my ZS EV can tell me to be careful as there might be icy roads why can't it display the outside temperature?

Had the comfort 2 update but not there!! Would someone be kind enough to taker a picture so I can show the local garage who won't believe me

Last edited:
Picture as requested of outside temperature. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-28-17-58-08-004_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-28-17-58-08-004_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,301
Had the comfort 2 update but not there!! Would someone be kind enough to taker a picture so I can show the local garage who won't believe me
You would expect them to know this type of stuff ?.
Then again .......... No.
Educate them by showing them this :-

Comfort 2 update - info from MG website​

( NB - if you purchased your car after mid June 2020, the car should have had the Comfort 2 update installed and therefore bongs etc dealt with. If you are being asked to pay for this update in 2021 as a new purchaser, you should definitely query this.)

During the lifespan of a vehicle model, various changes can be made to interior trim, exterior cosmetics or system functions to ensure that it features cutting edge technology and remains attractive to potential buyers. MG ZS EV models manufactured after mid-June 2020, will have a newly developed 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation installed on the car. This is now available for customers who wish to benefit from these later updates on earlier build models.
Whilst all the below features involve software changes to key components on your vehicle, the updated software is not available to cars with 1st Generation software as a ‘warranty upgrade’. MG’s warranty is there to cover the cost of repair or replacement of a failed part due to a manufacturing defect, and not for updates/upgrades, and will therefore be chargeable. Please speak to your MG dealer to find out associated charges for this update.
This new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:
  • Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
  • Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
  • Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
  • General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
  • Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
  • Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
  • Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes

That’s of course if the relevant boxes are ticked during install.... And don’t forget those annoying horn toots!

That’s of course if the relevant boxes are ticked during install.... And don’t forget those annoying horn toots!
The “Tripple Pap” of the horn was one of my absolute pet hates !.
How the hell MG thought that was in anyway acceptable is totally above me.
Having that going of late at night is totally unacceptable.
Glad to see the back of THAT feature !.

Yes - some snazzy triple-pap programming went into that one! Some still have it on their cars 😕

It is not installed properly, this is from the MG website:
'This new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:

• Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes'
Which includes vehicle temperature in the display. Return to your dealer and have them do the updates properly.

For me also it's NOT showing temperature but it showing range in instrument pack ..
I am confused whether I have got this update installed or not !

It is not installed properly, this is from the MG website:
'This new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes'

Dr Dave is correct, if you don't have ALL of the items on the list in his post, then the "Comfort 2" update is incomplete and needs reapplying.

If my ZS EV can tell me to be careful as there might be icy roads why can't it display the outside temperature?
Hi, you need the software update, it also shows on the dash milage left and a few other bits, quicker startup with less bing bongs. Most got the update free but speak to the dealer about the v2 software.
Tom

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom