OVMS module and MG dealers?

dragon2611

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have an OVMS module that I occasionally use to check the SOC remotely. (I also used it on a long journey to feed ABRP with live SOC info)

Wondering if it's advisable to remove it before taking the car into the dealer for servicing.

Given polling with the car locked tends to set off the alarm I don't actually use it nearly as much as I thought I would.

They will use the port themselves for checking and updating software so probably best to remove it, otherwise it could end up anywhere.

They will use the port themselves for checking and updating software so probably best to remove it, otherwise it could end up anywhere.
Unlikely that they'd move the module itself as it's behind the panel in the centre console, but they might get confused by a cable coming from there to the OBD2.

Also if they do need to remove that panel for any reason they might wonder why there's an extra device there, It of course doesn't do anything to the car other than read data from various sensors but don't really want to give them an excuse.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom