Paint codes

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anyone have the paint codes for the MG5 as I'm looking to get a touch up pen for a tiny mark. My dealer doesn't have any in stock and says can't get any either.
On the drivers door mine a Picadilly Blue simply says .... Paint 5JSH.

Is that the whole code ? as it is needed for aftermarket suppliers

Ignore the above, I have managed to sort myself out and have one being delivered. They appear to be as rare as rocking horse sh*t to find in stock at dealers and and not available to order !!!!

I got a jsh from glyn hopkins, it arrived on Saturday after 10 days from ordering :rolleyes:.
I'll have a bash on the weekend or when it's dry.

What I would do is going to a paintshop and get the color scanned. They can make you a spraycan on site for 30 euros/pounds.

Do tell, how did you get it? :)
I rang round as many MG dealers parts departments as I could until I found one that had one in stock. :)

Edit. Just had a call from JCT600, one of the dealers I contacted, and they said they have checked with MG and they are discontinued. :eek:

What I would do is going to a paintshop and get the color scanned. They can make you a spraycan on site for 30 euros/pounds.
I have seen several online that you can enter the paint code and they will make it for you. Would have used those if I hadn't found a dealer who had it in stock.

I used a paint store to create a spraycan for my previous Tesla model s to match the color on the car. Than you know that you have the right color.

Here is a link for anybody looking for the OEM - MG touch up kit.

Below is another link to a company called "Paint Gear" - They can supply a touch up kit and have some great tutorial video's on their site.

They are used a lot by professional folks.

Here is a link for anybody looking for the OEM - MG touch up kit.

Sorry forgot to mention that I saw those but the postage was high, so rang round dealers hoping to be able to pick one up more economically by collection. :)
Yep I would suggest any owners get stuck in while stocks last.

for those interested try Brown & Gammons... Not cheap but needs must...

Sincerely and in good faith

Attachments

• PaintCodes.png
    PaintCodes.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 138
for those interested try Brown & Gammons... Not cheap but needs must...

Sincerely and in good faith
Good find and all the right codes on that link, but they only have black and white. Glyn Hopkins looks to be have more colours so may be better going there if needed, and get in quick if they are discontinued. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom