Paint work damage guess I was just unlucky

BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Driving home from work heard a impact it sounded like I had driven over a can got home checked the car paint damage to lower near side wing and off side bonnet for the life of me can’t work out how it happened reviewed the dash camera footage you can hear the impacts and me saying what the f#%k was that but could not see anything no under body damage just can’t figure it out 😳

Attachments

• 06CD9D6E-A563-44B4-806E-FA976255E54A.jpeg
    06CD9D6E-A563-44B4-806E-FA976255E54A.jpeg
    924.9 KB · Views: 165
  • E520C3CC-C27F-4A17-8782-0303DFAB0202.jpeg
    E520C3CC-C27F-4A17-8782-0303DFAB0202.jpeg
    753.5 KB · Views: 158
That's bad luck. I've only had our new MG5 for 1 week and I'm sure something is going to happen. We were stopped at a local traffic light yesterday and something fell from a tree onto the roof - sounded like a gun going off - but haven't found any evidence of a mark. I need to keep telling myself - it's just a tool!

Really unlucky there !.
I had a similar incident a few years back.
Travelling along a dual carriageway, then a massive “Bang” as something hit the car !.
When I got home, there was a dent in the N/S/F wing that looked like a golf ball had hit the car.
I think something had pinged from somebody else’s tyre on the opposite side of the carriageway at high speed and hit our car.
Wrong place, wrong time !.

I think the problem is for all of us that unless you can physically just throw money away we have all worked hard for the cash to buy our cars and this type of situation is very upsetting, it would really pi** me off too. Feel gutted for you.

Back in the 80s, I was once travelling along a newly resurfaced road (loose chippings) at the stipulated 20mph when some t**t coming the other way decided 40 mph was better, bang and a shattered windscreen. Toughened glass in those days rather than laminated. :mad:

I think the problem is for all of us that unless you can physically just throw money away we have all worked hard for the cash to buy our cars and this type of situation is very upsetting, it would really pi** me off too. Feel gutted for you.
Exactly this!

I had a hit and run with my MG5 EV (new in Jan) with under 400m on the clock when my car was parked. It was then undriveable with the passenger wing ripped off and the steering trashed. Fortunately the excess was only £250 with no loss of NCB and the car is now as new.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom