Parking Brake

Veloap

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Apologies if this had already been covered but …
When I leave my car unused for a week or two I always try to park it safely in the garage with the handbrake off to reduce the risk of it seizing on. Try as I might I can’t find a way of doing this with the MG5. Anybody any know if this is possible?

I doubt it as the parking brake engages when the car is powered off.

Apologies if this had already been covered but …
When I leave my car unused for a week or two I always try to park it safely in the garage with the handbrake off to reduce the risk of it seizing on. Try as I might I can’t find a way of doing this with the MG5. Anybody any know if this is possible?
To be honest, I would not worry about it too much if I was you.
Remember when these cars are built, they sit around for a fair while and also when they are shipped across by ship from China.
At sea for weeks and weeks on end, with the handbrake applied.
I know the handbrake can be released manually, but it NOT something that is practical or safe to do by the owner.
I have seen it done, so I know it is possible.
Don't worry it will be fine !.
If the car was a few years old and seen many winters of bad weather etc, then I would totally agree with your concern.
The SOC of 12 volt battery is a bigger concern in my opinion, if that is flat then nothing is working.

Thanks. Seems like I need to accept it. I have had trouble in the past, but I guess there is 6 plus years on the wArranty still.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom