Parking Lines poll

Do you use parking lines?

• Yes

• No

• Did not know they exist exist

Results are only viewable after voting.
I used to use them, but then I found that the lines were too wide and showed as if I was going to hit something when there was plenty of space. I now don't bother.

I used to use them, but then I found that the lines were too wide and showed as if I was going to hit something when there was plenty of space. I now don't bother.
Don't think it's meant for width just distance

Don't think it's meant for width just distance
I know, but when you turn the wheel and the lines move to show a projected path, when backing into a parking space the lines were showing as going through or hitting a parked car whereas using my mirrors I can see there's plenty of room. So no point using the lines when using the mirrors is more accurate.

I noticed on a post that people we're not aware about parking lines so just promoting them as find them useful so have both on

Over the years I’ve owned a few vehicles :-
88A24A3A-AC72-4D7B-A311-168D3F9E6CF4.jpeg
I’ve rented a bunch more and borrowed a good few, here and in New Zealand and USA. Over here only the two MGs have had this rear vision camera gizmos and I thought they’d be marvellous as I enter the doddery twilight age.
However, whist I could position any other vehicle precisely and reverse anywhere with the mirrors (even a truck with an articulated semi trailer or vehicle with a trailer or caravan), I’m having a devil of a job positioning this MG5 accurately. I’ve come to the conclusion that the rear axle is of the “live” type and has a wicked sense of humour - - it surely can’t be my fault the daft thing never parks straight ???

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom