Parking MG ZS EV on a incline for 5 weeks

Sounds like you're doing your own homemade version of autohold?

Come to a stop; press hard enough on the brake pedal green "(P)" light appears on dash - autohold is on.
Put your foot anywhere but the accelerator until you want to move again - touch accelerator, auto hold is disengaged (green (P) gone) & creep restored (unless you give it gas or brake to stop again). Give it a try I think it's good 👍🏻

I find the takeoff is a bit "sudden" if I just use autohold, but pressing the brake pedal and releasing it gives the normal "creep" as soon as the brake pedal is released. It may be that I've just not got the feel of the throttle take up yet!

I find the takeoff is a bit "sudden" if I just use autohold, but pressing the brake pedal and releasing it gives the normal "creep" as soon as the brake pedal is released. It may be that I've just not got the feel of the throttle take up yet!
Just "click" & release the accelerator to release the autohold then resume normalness 👍🏻 just takes a whiff heading downhill, uphill one needs to "feather" it so that it knows you mean it😁 practice makes perfect 👍🏻

I was just worrying about the 12 volt battery, my wife’s MG 3 goes flat if you leave it more than 2 weeks.

Just arrived home after over 3 months away and my MG zs ev started ok.
my drive is on a slope but I had no problems. Both battery chargers were fine with only a slight difference on the main battery. Hope this information helps other MG owners.

I have noticed when parking on a sharp incline, it takes a lot of power to overcome the grip of the brakes when moving off.

I think your chocks idea is really good and possibly essential. In 5 weeks the brakes could /will bind up with rust etc. Which will only add to the stress when driving off for the first time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom